ACT Foundation’s Changemakers Innovation Challenge 2023 for nonprofits and social enterprises in Africa.
The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is conceived by ACT Foundation as a response to the impressive work of community nonprofits, businesses and social enterprises in Africa who are leveraging technology/ digital...
Application Deadline: 31st July 2023.
The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is conceived by ACT Foundation as a response to the impressive work of community nonprofits, businesses and social enterprises in Africa who are leveraging technology/ digital tools to create social change in their communities. Research shows that most nonprofits using technology/ digital tools to drive projects and develop communities are coming ahead in the world and also creating lasting impact.
The challenge is open to non-profits and social enterprises across Africa who are using various technological /digital tools to create innovative social solutions. The support including funding and trainings is to enable them to scale up impact within the community where they presently work and beyond.
1. The Changemakers Innovation Challenge is open to non-profits and social enterprises in Africa. Businesses carrying out innovations that lead to social impact may also apply.
2. Organisations must submit social innovations that address challenges within any of the Foundation’s key focus areas;
Click here for more information on our focus areas and past winners
3. Organisations that have been awarded funding as winners of the Changemakers Innovation Challenge in the past are not eligible.
4. Non-profits or social enterprises must be registered with the government agency in charge of organizations’ registry in their respective countries.
5. All submissions must be innovative solutions that use technology or digital systems as major tools in driving community impact. Evidence of claims must be provided through web links, videos, pictures and any other online presence.
6. Organizations must have been in existence for at least two years.
7. All social innovations must be at the growth stage and must have been tested or implemented on direct beneficiaries. Evidence of claim must be provided through pictures, news releases, etc.
8. All social innovations must have been implemented within the past two years. PILOT INNOVATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
1. Entry for the Changemakers Innovation Challenge opens on Tuesday, 11th July 2023 and closes Monday, 31st July 2023. Late entries will not be considered.
2. Only one entry will be accepted per organization. Once an entry has been submitted, no further changes will be accepted.
3. All entries for this challenge must be submitted in English.
4. No entry fee, purchase or payment of any kind is required to apply.
5. Grant funding will be awarded to the top three (3) winners of the Changemakers Innovation Challenge towards the scaling of their innovative solutions across different communities. Technical support will also be awarded as applicable.
6. Winners will be announced and awarded at the annual ACT Foundation Breakfast Dialogue which is scheduled to hold in October 2023. For more details, visit www.actrustfoundation.org.
Grant funding will be awarded to the 3 winners of the Changemakers Innovation Challenge. The Award grant will be given towards scaling of the innovative solutions across different communities.
For More Information:
What's Your Reaction?