ACU Routledge/Round Table Commonwealth Studentships 2023 (up to £5,500)
Applications are open for the ACU Routledge/Round Table Commonwealth Studentships 2023. Funded by The Round Table: The Commonwealth Journal of International Affairs and the journal’s publisher, Routledge, in association with...
Deadline: July 28, 2023
Applications are open for the ACU Routledge/Round Table Commonwealth Studentships 2023. Funded by The Round Table: The Commonwealth Journal of International Affairs and the journal’s publisher, Routledge, in association with the ACU, these two new PhD studentships provide support for research projects on Commonwealth related themes.
Two studentships are available each year for study in the UK, one for UK-registered students and one for Commonwealth students in other countries to undertake a short study placement in the UK.
Proposed research must either:
- Relate to the Commonwealth as a whole or to any Commonwealth-wide institution or organisation, or
- Have a strong Commonwealth comparative aspect, or
- Be of relevance to a Commonwealth country other than the UK.
- £4,000 GB will be paid on the announcement of the awards. The remaining £1,500 GBP will be paid on completion of the post-studentship requirements.
- The first studentship is open to registered PhD students from UK universities, although not necessarily UK citizens.
- The second is open to registered PhD students from ACU member universities in Commonwealth counties other than the UK, and to Chevening and Commonwealth Scholarship alumni who are PhD students at any Commonwealth university outside the UK.
Successful applicants will be required to submit, no more than twelve months after the take-up of the award, an article of between 4,000 and 6,000 words based on their research, for consideration for publication in the Round Table journal. Successful applicants will also be required to make a podcast on their research, for publication on the journal’s website.
Applicants should download the Routledge/Round Table Studentship Awards application form, complete it, and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17.00 BST on Friday 28 July 2023, accompanied by a current CV.
The application form asks you to:
- Summarise your proposed research topic for the Routledge/Round Table Studentship awards (100-400 words);
- Summarise your intended outcomes if you are successful in applying for an award (100-400 words);
- Summarise the likely impact of your research and why you think it is important (100-400 words); and
- Summarise how the award would benefit your research (100-400 words).
Your answers can either be typed into the form or sent as attachments.
The form asks for the name of your proposed mentor. The form also asks for the names of two referees (one of whom should be your current PhD/DPhil supervisor). It is your responsibility to ask these referees for references. They may either send them to you for forwarding with the completed application, or they may send them to email@example.com no later than 17.00 BST on Friday 28 July 2023.
For more information, visit ACU.
What's Your Reaction?