Africa Earth Observation (AEO) Challenge 2022
Applications are invited for the Africa Earth Observation (AEO) Challenge 2022. The Africa Earth Observation (AEO) Challenge is an annual open innovation challenge aimed at sourcing novel space technologies since 2016.
This challenge seeks to drive entrepreneurial activity in the African space industry and promote awareness of the value of earth observation data across the continent and in multiple sectors such as water and food security, mining, logistics, insurance, and many more.
Earth observation gathers information about the planet’s physical, chemical, and biological systems via remote-sensing technologies. This information can then be used to monitor changes in natural and artificial environments.
There are various prizes that will be up are for grabs for the Challenge finalists, including:
- Cash prizes
- 4-month online incubation and virtual mentorship
- Challenge finalists will have the opportunity to feature in interviews and editorials by Challenge Media Partner Africa.com
- Technical support will be available to the Challenge participants from the leading EOD specialising organisations.
- Open to businesses across the African continent;
- Be early stage funding/angel investor ready businesses;
- All submissions must demonstrate a clear application of earth observation data (EOD).
- Complete the form and you will receive an email with a link to download the submission form for the 2022 Earth Observation Challenge.
- Complete the submission form which you downloaded from the email you received. If you did not receive an email after completing the form, kindly send a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send the completed submission form to email@example.com to enter the 2022 Earth Observation Challenge.
For more information, visit AEO Challenge.