African Culture Fund (ACF) Academy Bootcamp 2023 (Fully-funded to Cameroon)
Applications are open for the African Culture Fund (ACF) Academy Bootcamp 2023. This call aims to contribute to the capacity building in cultural management for fifteen (15) young cultural managers...
Deadline: July 15, 2023
Applications are open for the African Culture Fund (ACF) Academy Bootcamp 2023. This call aims to contribute to the capacity building in cultural management for fifteen (15) young cultural managers from Central Africa (including 8 women and 7 men) through the organization of a BOOT CAMP (capacity building camp) in collaboration with the Institut Kôrè des Arts et Métiers (IKAM) in Ségou and Arterial Network Cameroon, lasting for one week.
The Boot Camps of the ACF ACADEMY Program are certified by the Institut Kôrè des Arts et Métiers (IKAM) in Mali. Participants will receive a Professional Aptitude Certificate called Kôrè-Qualité upon completing the ACF ACADEMY training, equipping them with the necessary skills for professionalizing their career in the field of Cultural Management. The Kôrè-Qualité Certificate is recognized by the network of IKAM institutions and their partners across all regions of Africa.
This is the fourth Boot Camp (capacity building camp) in collaboration with the Institut Kôrè des Arts et Métiers (IKAM) in Ségou and Arterial Network Cameroon, which will offer participants innovative pedagogical content, tailored coaching and mentoring mechanisms focused on specific skills in cultural enterprise management and structuring. The coaching and mentoring will be provided by seasoned professionals from all regions of Africa.
The training sessions of this fourth Boot Camp will last for one week, with coaches and mentors from IKAM guiding the trainees throughout the program. The following modules will be delivered: Personal Development, Digitalization and Creative Innovation, Financial Management and Fundraising, and Cultural Entrepreneurship Maaya (CEM).
- The ACF-ACADEMY program covers all expenses for participants throughout the duration of the Boot Camp, including international transportation, accommodation, meals, and local travel during the program.
ACF, in collaboration with IKAM and Arterial Network Cameroon, is launching this call for applications targeting young cultural actors/entrepreneurs from Central Africa who meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 21 and 40.
- Be a private cultural actor and/or operator.
- Be a citizen of one of the countries in Central Africa.
- Have experience of at least 3 years in managing a cultural enterprise and/or cultural event.
- Be available to participate in various trainings, networking activities, and coaching sessions organized as part of the ACF-ACADEMY program.
The selection committee evaluates the applications based on four criteria:
- Commitment/Motivation of the cultural manager.
- Technical quality and originality of the cultural project or cultural enterprise.
- Economic or business model of the project.
- Experience/track record of the manager or cultural organization.
The application must include the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Motivation letter
- Copy of identification document or equivalent
- Copy of the constituent documents of the cultural enterprise (receipt, trade register or economic operator card, statutes, etc.)
- Brief presentation of the cultural enterprise and/or cultural project
- Most recent activity report (up to 2022).
The submission of applications will take place from June 15 to July 15, 2023. The Boot Camp is scheduled to take place from August 7 to August 12, 2023.
Individuals interested in participating in this program should submit their application by email to the African Cultural Fund (ACF) via firstname.lastname@example.org and the Institut Kôrè des Arts et Métiers (IKAM) via email@example.com.
For more information, visit ACF Academy Bootcamp.
What's Your Reaction?