African Liberty Essay Contest 2023
Applications are open for the African Liberty Essay Contest 2023. The competition is open to any African student currently enrolled in any undergraduate or graduate program at any accredited university...
Deadline: October 31, 2023
Applications are open for the African Liberty Essay Contest 2023. The competition is open to any African student currently enrolled in any undergraduate or graduate program at any accredited university worldwide. They are invited to write on the topic: Pathways to Protecting Free Speech in Africa: Opportunities for New Approaches to an Old Problem.
African Liberty was founded in 2007 as a project of the Cato Institute and IMANI Africa, thereafter the Atlas Network. It is a platform for advancing individual freedom, peace, and prosperity in Africa by promoting civil discussion and debate about social, legal, economic, and world issues affecting Africans. They identify and train young promising African freedom advocates in professional critical writing and help them kick-start careers in journalism and public policy by working with Africa-focused think tanks and partner media outlets.
- Winner: $500 cash prize
- First runner-up: $300 cash prize
- Second runner-up: $200 cash price
- Third and Fourth runners-up: $100 each.
- The top 5 entries will be published on African Liberty and Students For Liberty platforms.
- Applicant must be of African descent by virtue of holding the nationality of an African country;
- Must be enrolled in any degree program at any accredited university anywhere in the world or must have completed a degree program in no more than three years from the day of the application deadline.
- Entry should be in English language, with non-English words italicized
- Entry must be original
- Entry must be submitted as a PDF with the writer’s name and email address provided on the first page
- No footnotes or citation
- Quotations should be limited
- Essay must be in Times New Roman, 12-point font, and justified
- Entry must be solution-oriented
- Entry must be specific in arguments and recommendations
- Solutions with unique outlooks are strongly encouraged
All entries should be submitted here.
For more information, visit African Liberty Essay Contest.
What's Your Reaction?