AFS Global STEM Innovators Program – Australia & United Kingdom 2023
Applications are open for the AFS Global STEM Innovators Program – Australia & United Kingdom 2023. The AFS Global STEM Innovators is a suite of full-scholarship, 5-week domestic exchange programs...
Deadline: June 13, 2023 (UK) / June 16, 2023 (Australia)
Applications are open for the AFS Global STEM Innovators Program – Australia & United Kingdom 2023. The AFS Global STEM Innovators is a suite of full-scholarship, 5-week domestic exchange programs for teens interested in exploring STEM, sustainability, and intercultural skills.
Young people are hungry for opportunities to change the world, but where can they start? The latest PISA Global Competence Assessment results, a global benchmark in secondary education, demonstrate that the majority of young people believe their behavior impacts the world, yet, are hesitant to tackle challenges in their communities.
With this in mind, AFS developed the Global STEM Innovators to provide teens (age 14-16) with opportunities to collaborate with diverse peers and develop skills necessary to advance a sustainable future. Through a hybrid, hands-on virtual curriculum (4 weeks) and a weeklong in-person workshop, participants will broaden their understanding of the importance of STEM and sustainability, while enhancing their intercultural awareness.
- The scholarship covers the tuition cost of the five-week digital program and local workshop.
- AFS Global Competence Certificate, validating your program experience and reflecting your new skills.
- All costs and activities associated with the local workshop, including room & board.
- Travel to the in-person workshop, as needed.
- 24/7 Emergency support.
- Applicants must reside in one of the following areas: Australia or the United Kingdom.
- Must be 14-16.5 years old during program participation.
- Ability to participate fully, both online and in a classroom setting, in a program conducted entirely in English.
- Interested in STEM, sustainability, and global competencies.
- Curiosity and willingness to interact with diverse global peers and explore new cultures.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally (within your city or region) to attend the in-person workshop in your respective region. The 2023 AFS Global STEM Innovators workshops will be hosted in Australia and the United Kingdom.
- Have a computer, smartphone or other digital device to access the virtual program content.
- An integrated webcam and microphone for participation in online dialogue sessions.
- Stable internet or wifi connection.
- Talented young people, particularly young women, underrepresented populations, and students with high financial need, are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Click here for AFS Global STEM Innovators – UK application
- Click here for AFS Global STEM Innovators – Australia application
For more information, visit AFS Global STEM Innovators.
What's Your Reaction?