Arturo Falaschi Short-term Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023 (Funding available)
Applications are open for the Arturo Falaschi Short-term Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023. ICGEB offers Short-term fellowships for Postdoctoral studies in ICGEB Component laboratories to fund ongoing collaborative research between scientists from...
Deadline: March 31, 2023
Applications are open for the Arturo Falaschi Short-term Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023. ICGEB offers Short-term fellowships for Postdoctoral studies in ICGEB Component laboratories to fund ongoing collaborative research between scientists from ICGEB Member States and research groups at ICGEB laboratories in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa, with the aim of facilitating access to the latest research techniques and to strengthen capacity building.
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 23,000.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
- Applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience.
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
The main criteria for selection include:
- The scientific excellence of the project
- The qualities of the candidate’s CV
- The potential benefit for the home country
The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete applications received by the closing date. The candidates will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications.
Applicants will be requested to upload the following documents (pdf files):
- Your full CV
- Written Statement from the ICGEB Group Leader
- A valid identification document (passport or identity card). Recommended passport validity should be 12 months at least.
- English Certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge or similar). This document is not requested when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
For more information, visit Arturo Falaschi Fellowships.
What's Your Reaction?