Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program 2023 (Fully-funded to Marrakech, Morocco)
Applications are open for the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program 2023. The Policy Center for the New South (PCNS) is organizing the 12th edition of the Atlantic Dialogues Conference, a...
Deadline: June 20, 2023
Applications are open for the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program 2023. The Policy Center for the New South (PCNS) is organizing the 12th edition of the Atlantic Dialogues Conference, a high-level conference convening influential public and private sectors leaders from around the Atlantic Basin for open, informal discussion on cross-regional issues.
As they believe that it is of crucial importance to engage young leaders in policymaking and in shaping narratives, PCNS encourages intergenerational dialogue during the conference and beyond, between leading experts, senior officials, and high-potential change-makers, through its Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders program (ADEL).
The ADEL program is PCNS’s flagship young professionals program, held two days prior to the Atlantic Dialogues conference. Every year, this program brings together 30 to 50 young leaders from around the Atlantic basin and Africa. These rising leaders have displayed leadership capabilities and have a strong sense of commitment to social and economic issues facing their communities in particular and the world in general. In 2023, 40 young professionals will be selected to participate in the 2023 Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program.
The ADEL program will hold its 10th edition from December 11-13, 2023 in Marrakech, Morocco. The Emerging Leaders will then join the Atlantic Dialogues Conference from December 14 to 16.
- For the 40 selected participants, the PCNS will cover economy class airfare to and from Morocco. In addition, local transportation, catering, and hotel accommodation during the dates of the program and conference will be covered by the conference organizers.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 25 and 35 (included) on May 4, 2023, the day the applications for the program open.
- Applicants must be citizens of countries located in Africa, North America, South America, Central America, Europe or the Caribbean – citizens of countries bordering the Atlantic Basin will be given priority. Also eligible are applicants who are citizens from other countries who have residency in countries of the regions listed above.
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English in their personal statement and short video.
- Applicants must guarantee their availability for the full duration of this six-day program, which will take place from December 11 to 16, in Marrakesh, Morocco. Please only apply if you can make yourself available.
The candidates will be scored according to the following selection criteria:
- Professional achievement and professional growth
- Leadership potential and demonstrated leadership in community and/or profession
- Interest in issues affecting Wider Atlantic Relations
- Commitment to global, Atlantic and/or local engagement
- Ability to contribute to the Atlantic Dialogues and Emerging Leaders networks
- Ability to clearly express ideas (assessed through personal statement and a short video)
Interested applicants must submit an online application form. This form should include the following materials by Tuesday, June 20 at 11:59 pm Moroccan time (GMT 1):
- A copy of their resumes / CVs. Resumes should be no longer than 2 pages (.pdf format)
- A personal statement of no more than 250 words detailing their motivations for applying and their prospective contributions to and benefits from the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program. The personal statement should also detail the candidates’ expertise or field of work.
- The link to a one minute Youtube video addressing the following:
- Introduce yourself
- What drives you in the work that you do?
- How do you address the challenges you face in your leadership role?
For more information, visit Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program.
What's Your Reaction?