Awa Prize 2022 for Women Entrepreneurs (Up to €50,000)
Deadline: October 24, 2022
Applications are open for the Awa Prize 2022. The Awa Prize is a competition organised by Enabel which highlights women entrepreneurs from Belgian development cooperation countries and their projects.
The Awa Prize celebrates the work of women who have a positive impact on their communities through their business. Each year, 12 entrepreneurs from the Belgian development cooperation are awarded a prize.
Candidates may choose to apply in one of the following categories:
- Start-up category: This award is for companies that have been in existence for at least one year and no more than three years when the Competition is launched.
- Scale-up category: This award is for companies that have been in existence for three years or more when the Competition is launched.
- Innovation category: This award is intended for any company that develops particularly innovative products, services and/or approaches.
- People’s choice category: This award is open to any company in the Start-up, Scale-up or Innovation categories wanting to compete for the People’s Choice via an online vote.
In each category, three entrepreneurs will be highlighted and will receive the first, second and third prize respectively.
- First Prize
- Up to €50,000: Spent to support/coaching, based on your company’s needs.
- One week in Belgium: To meet entrepreneurship circles and inspire one another.
- Second prize
- Up to €10,000: Spent to support/coaching, based on your company’s needs.
- Third prize
- Up to €5,000: Spent to support/coaching, based on your company’s needs.
- Be a woman of legal age in your country of residence.
- Have the nationality of one of the participating country.
- Be the (co)founder and/or non-minority shareholder of a company which has been registered for at least 1 year in a participating country.
- Candidates must also be able to understand and express themselves in French or English.
Participating countries for the 2022 edition: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, DRC, Guinea, Jordan, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Palestine, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda.
For more information, visit AWA Prize.