Call for Youth Delegation to the World Forum for Democracy 2023 in Strasbourg, France (Fully Funded)
The World Forum for Democracy is a unique platform for political decision-makers and activists to debate solutions to key challenges for democracies worldwide. By identifying and analysing experimental initiatives and...
Application Deadline: July 12, 2023
The World Forum for Democracy is a unique platform for political decision-makers and activists to debate solutions to key challenges for democracies worldwide. By identifying and analysing experimental initiatives and practices, the Forum highlights and encourages democracy innovations at the grassroots and their transfer on a systemic level in order to strengthen the foundations of democratic societies. The Forum thus contributes to the evolution of democracy towards more participatory and inclusive structures and institutions.
During the 2023 edition of the World Forum on Democracy the question in focus is “Can democracy guarantee and deliver peace?”
The core content of the Forum will consist of discussions about successful initiatives and actions, which have real-life initiatives as a starting point. General guiding principles will then be drawn to encourage and support future policy responses and field action. In this context, the Youth Department of the Council of Europe will invite and prepare a delegation of young people to participate and engage with decision-makers and opinion-formers in a reflection on the question of “Democracy=Peace?”.
In order to be selected and participate in the World Forum 2023, youth applicants should:
▪ Be aged 18-30 (exceptions can be made in special cases);
▪ Be able to communicate and work in English;
▪ Be actively involved in civil society democracy initiatives;
▪ Be motivated to contribute to developing new ideas on democracy & peace;
▪ Be ready to share own challenges faced in relation to democracy& peace;
▪ Be ready to adopt a solution-oriented approach by bringing in new ideas and visions on the question of democracy & peace;
▪ Be available to participate fully in the World Forum for Democracy and the preparation process beforehand (i.e. online preparation and onsite presence in Strasbourg arriving on the 3rd of November and departing on the 9th of November).
Financial and practical conditions of participation
The common working language of the event will be English. Candidates must be able to use English independently in order to be able to work and communicate efficiently.
- Travel expenses and visa costs will be reimbursed upon presentation of the relevant receipts, according to the rules of the Council of Europe.
- Only the participants who attend the entire event (pre-Forum preparation and World Forum for Democracy) can be reimbursed.
- The payment will be made by bank transfer after the Forum.
- Prepaid tickets for travel can only be arranged in exceptional and justified cases.
- Board and lodging are provided and paid for by the Council of Europe during the dates of the activity (arrival on Friday, the 3rd of November and departure on Thursday, the 9th of November).
- Participants will be accommodated at the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg (EYCS).
- You will be requested to share a room.
- The EYCS is accessible to young people with disabilities and ready to adapt to young people’s special needs in order to ensure full inclusion and quality working conditions.
- Wi-Fi is available in the rooms.
All candidates must apply in 2 parts:
- An online application form should be completed via this link: https://youthapplications.coe.int/Application-forms
- A short 1 minute video should be posted on YouTube, with the link attached to the online application form (see instructions below).
The application form must be submitted on-line before 12th of July 2023, 13:00 CET (1 p.m.)
In case of technical problems with the use of the platform, please send an e-mail to youthapplications[at]coe.int .
For More Information:
What's Your Reaction?