Cambodia: KAS Young Journalist Traineeship Program 2023
The selected candidates will be working in various newsrooms as full-time reporters. You will attend newsroom meetings, research, pitch story ideas, conduct field reporting, write news articles and perform other...
The Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) is inviting applications for Young Journalist Traineeship Program that aims to provide media students and enthusiasts with hands-on experience in news reporting and writing by working in an actual newsroom for six months.
Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Cambodia has been a prominent supporter of journalism development and journalists’ education in Cambodia since 1994. They believe journalism plays a crucial role in promoting democracy and bringing together an inclusive society when every voice is heard.
- Develop professional journalism skills
- Gain working experience in a respected independent newsroom
- Establish a professional network in media and journalism
- Receive monthly financial support of $320 (including health insurance for the duration of the program)
- Access all KAS Cambodia’s events and activities
- Become KAS alumni member
- Receive a certificate of completion.
Duration: 6 Months (1st March 2023 – 31st August 2023)
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Year 4th or 3rd students or recent graduates with a strong interest in journalism
- Early-career journalists
- Citizen journalists.
- The selected candidates will be working in various newsrooms as full-time reporters. You will attend newsroom meetings, research, pitch story ideas, conduct field reporting, write news articles and perform other relevant tasks assigned by editors or supervisors.
- Strong interest in journalism
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- High level of English proficiency
- Attend KAS Cambodia’s events and activities
- Write a report within two weeks after the completion of traineeship
- Maintain good communication with the program manager at KAS Cambodia during the program.
For more information, visit KAS.
What's Your Reaction?