Canon Collins RMTF Scholarships 2024 for Postgraduate Study in South Africa
Applications for the Canon Collins RMTF Scholarships 2024 for Postgraduate Study are now open. Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Ros Moger and Terry Furlong group invite applications for the...
Deadline: August 29, 2023
Applications for the Canon Collins RMTF Scholarships 2024 for Postgraduate Study are now open. Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Ros Moger and Terry Furlong group invite applications for the postgraduate study in South Africa 2024. Ros and Terry were inspirational London educationalists. Since 2001 friends and family have raised funds in their memory to award scholarships in their name.
Canon Collins Trust in partnership with RMTF seeks to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
In 2024, they will be making awards only to those studying in three areas:
- Justice, which includes Climate Justice, Law, Economics and Politics
- Education policy and practice
- Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
- They will provide funding for up to a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD. The value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances. They support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- They also organise an annual conference for current scholars and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to the network.
In addition, to be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia;
- be normally resident in one of the above countries;
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application;
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university.
- Only apply if your programme of study falls into one of the disciplines above.
The deadline for applications is at 15:00 BST on August 29. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit Canon Collins RMTF Scholarships.
What's Your Reaction?