Canon Collins RMTF Scholarships 2024 for Postgraduate Study in South Africa (Fully Funded)
Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Ros Moger and Terry Furlong group invite applications for the postgraduate study in South Africa 2024. Ros and Terry were inspirational London educationalists. Since...
Application Deadline: 29 August 2023 3:00 pm GMT
Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Ros Moger and Terry Furlong group invite applications for the postgraduate study in South Africa 2024. Ros and Terry were inspirational London educationalists. Since 2001 friends and family have raised funds in their memory to award scholarships in their name. More information about the history of the RMTF scholarships is here.
Canon Collins Trust in partnership with RMTF seek to support exceptional individuals who are committed to social justice in southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
In 2024, we will be making awards only to those studying in three areas:
1. Justice, which includes Climate Justice, Law, Economics and Politics
2. Education policy and practice
3. Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
In addition, to be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Swaziland, Zambia
- be normally resident in one of the above countries
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university
- Canon Collins Trust will provide funding for up to a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD. The value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances. We support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- Canon Collins Trust also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
How to apply
open for applications on Friday 14th July 2023. The deadline for applications is at 15:00 BST on Tuesday 29th August.
Late applications will not be considered.
Please do not email us to ask about the outcome of your application. All notifications will be by email so please make sure you provide an accurate email address. We will be interviewing shortlisted applicants in October / November 2023. We will let you know the final outcome of your application in December 2023.
For More Information:
What's Your Reaction?