Canon Collins Trust Sol Plaatje Scholarships 2023/2024 for Postgraduate Study in South Africa (Funded)
Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Sol Plaatje Educational Project invite applications for the postgraduate study in South Africa 2024. Canon Collins Trust will provide funding for up to a...
Application Deadline: 29 August 2023 3:00 pm GMT
Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Sol Plaatje Educational Project invite applications for the postgraduate study in South Africa 2024. Canon Collins Trust will provide funding for up to a maximum of two years for Masters and three years for PhD. Continued funding depends upon satisfactory progress and academic reports.
In 2024, Canon Collins Trust will be making awards only to those studying in three areas:
1. Justice, which includes Climate Justice, Law, Economics and Politics
2. Education policy and practice
3. Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
To be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must:
- be a national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
- be normally resident in one of the above countries
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- be studying or applying to study at a South African university
- In 2024, the value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances. We support both full and part-time Masters and PhD level study at a South African university and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- Canon Collins Trust also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
How to apply
- Canon Collins Trust will open for applications on Friday 14th July 2023. The deadline for applications is at 15:00 GMT on Tuesday, 29th August 2023. Late applications will not be considered.
- Please do not email us to ask about the outcome of your application. All notifications will be by email so please make sure you provide an accurate email address. We will be interviewing shortlisted applicants in October/November 2023. We will let you know the outcome of your application in December 2023.
For More Information:
What's Your Reaction?