Climate Investment Funds (CIF) Youth Fellowship 2023
Are you a resident of Egypt, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Thailand, or Tunisia and aged between 18-28? Are you looking to expand your expertise in climate change issues? Apply now for...
Deadline: July 7, 2023
Are you a resident of Egypt, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Thailand, or Tunisia and aged between 18-28? Are you looking to expand your expertise in climate change issues? Apply now for the Climate Investment Funds (CIF) Youth Fellowship 2023.
The CIF Youth Fellowship is a unique professional capacity-building program focused on providing hands-on experience to the next generation of young leaders in global climate action. It is based on CIF-financed projects and will be implemented in partnership with six Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) partners: the African Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the InterAmerican Development Bank, the World Bank, and the International Finance Corporation. It provides Fellows with the opportunity to work on initiatives in areas related to nature-based solutions, clean energy, adaptation and climate resilience, energy access, and gender and social inclusion.
As a CIF Youth Fellow, you will be able to work with hosting MDBs on real-world projects that are making a tangible impact on the global fight against climate change. You will be part of a diverse and inclusive community of like-minded professionals that share your passion for climate action. The program is designed to provide fellows with professional mentoring, training, and networking opportunities. You will have the chance to learn from experienced professionals in the field and forge meaningful partnerships and learn from climate action at a local level.
- Stipend tailored to the cost of living in Fellowship countries (Purchasing Power Parity).
- In-kind logistical support such as staff time for mentoring and office space.
- Specialized training and professional development sessions.
- Candidates 18-28 years of age at the time of application.
- Candidates residing in Egypt, Tunisia, Kenya, India, Jamaica, or Thailand with a valid work authorization.
- Candidates must hold an undergraduate degree or be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- The program will seek to ensure an equitable representation of race and ethnic groups, gender identities, indigenous peoples and local communities, and other marginalized groups.
- Fluency in English as well as in the native/local working language in the country context. Good writing skills in both languages.
The CIF Youth Fellowship is a one-year program starting on September 1, 2023 to August 31, 2024, with the possibility of adjustment. Fellows are expected to work between 16 hours (part time) to 40 hours (full time) per week.
The application process will include stating your interests, experience and motivation, and submitting a resume. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to a set of interviews to demonstrate their passion, intention, and general fit for the Program. The jury will comprise representatives from the six partners MDBs and CIF program leads. Additionally, the candidates might be asked to share references.
For more information, visit CIF Youth Fellowship.
What's Your Reaction?