CIVICUS Youth Action Team 2023 Call for Applications
Applications are open to join the CIVICUS Youth Action Team. In 2023 – 2024, the CIVICUS Youth Action Team is looking to strengthen its efforts in better connecting with the...
Deadline: January 30, 2023
Applications are open to join the CIVICUS Youth Action Team. In 2023 – 2024, the CIVICUS Youth Action Team is looking to strengthen its efforts in better connecting with the broad community of almost 4,000 members of CIVICUS Youth.
The CIVICUS Youth Action Team is a group of voting members of CIVICUS, led by the youth and acting for the youth to be meaningfully represented and engaged in all of the alliance’s structures, governance, strategies, and activities. But it goes beyond.
The Youth Action Team perceives civic space as the final frontier and wants to make sure the youth have the tools to fully engage here. As a place for co-creation and designing innovative projects, the YAT sets its own agenda and work plan to make sure they develop projects in the areas that are currently more critical for young activists, social innovators and human right defenders.
- Be 30 years or under by December 31, 2022;
- Be an active member of a civil society organisation (registered or not registered) that is advancing positive change in your community;
- Be part of the leadership team of a social movement or network at the national or regional level;
- Have support from your organisation to apply for this voluntary role;
- Are passionate and experienced in defending progressive social justice agendas at the local, regional, and international levels by mobilising people;
- Have experience designing and facilitating virtual networking events that boost community building and knowledge exchange;
- Are comfortable working in English and working with an international team based in different time zones;
- Have access to the internet for at least 10 hours a month to dedicate to the CIVICUS Youth Action Team;
- Can attend an annual in-person gathering of one week (if travel conditions allow it)
- Are from Central America or the Caribbean, the Middle East, North, West or Southern Africa, or Central Asia (other regions are represented by existing YAT members)
For more information, visit CIVICUS Youth Action Team.
What's Your Reaction?