CJF-CBC Indigenous Journalism Fellowships 2023 (stipend of $4,000)
Applications are open for the CJF-CBC Indigenous Journalism Fellowships 2023. The CJF-CBC Indigenous Journalism Fellowships are offered to two Indigenous journalists with one to ten years of experience to explore...
Deadline: January 20, 2023
Applications are open for the CJF-CBC Indigenous Journalism Fellowships 2023. The CJF-CBC Indigenous Journalism Fellowships are offered to two Indigenous journalists with one to ten years of experience to explore an issue of interest, while being hosted for one month at the CBC News Indigenous Unit in Winnipeg. The award aims to foster better comprehension of Indigenous issues in Canada’s major media and community outlets.
Founded in 1990, The Canadian Journalism Foundation (CJF) promotes, celebrates and facilitates excellence in journalism. The foundation runs a prestigious awards and fellowships programme featuring an industry gala where news leaders, journalists and corporate Canada gather to celebrate outstanding journalistic achievement and the value of professional journalism.
Successful applicants will:
- Spend one month (June, September or October, 2023) with the CBC News Indigenous Unit in Winnipeg. This may be offered as a remote experience.
- Have a training stipend of $4,000, all associated travel and accommodation, a per diem for meals and other reasonable expenses, provided by The Canadian Journalism Foundation.
- Write or produce an article/piece or series upon completion of their fellowship opportunity, which will be considered for publication or broadcast by CBC News.
- Open to indigenous journalists in Canada;
- Applicant should have between one to ten years of experience.
- The judging panel consists of four to eight jurors who review all submitted entries through an online portal, rank the entries and then attend a meeting with their rankings to agree upon the recipients of the award. The recipients are announced in April or May, and are recognized at the annual CJF Awards virtual ceremony in June 2023.
Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. on January 20, 2023. No late submission will be considered.
For more information, visit CJF-CBC Fellowships.
What's Your Reaction?