Climate Tracker Africa COP28 Fellowship 2023 (Fully-funded trip to Dubai)
Are you a young African journalist between 18-35 years? Are you passionate about climate change reporting and would love to report on COP28? Then this opportunity is for you. Apply...
Deadline: August 3, 2023
Are you a young African journalist between 18-35 years? Are you passionate about climate change reporting and would love to report on COP28? Then this opportunity is for you. Apply now for the Climate Tracker Africa COP28 Fellowship 2023!
Climate Tracker is looking for four fellows from Africa who will join their global team of journalists to cover the global climate summit in-person and virtually from November 30, 2023 – December 12, 2023. Two finalists will be fully funded to attend the COP28 conference in Dubai, while an additional two will be part of a virtual team reporting from their preferred locations.
- Travel on a fully funded trip to Dubai to cover the most global climate summit.
- Accommodations and stipend coverage for the duration of the fellowship.
- Opportunity to live and work with a diverse team of journalists from around the world.
- Receive pre-COP28 online training in the lead up to the conference.
- Track your country’s negotiations live and directly.
- Group discussions and mentoring throughout COP28.
- Gain global exposure.
- Interview and network with leading environment voices in the world.
- Produce impactful climate stories of global relevance.
- Open to young African journalists;
- Applicants should be between 18-35 years.
- Climate Tracker expects you to write and publish a story (between July 30 and August 3, 2023) in your local or national media that highlights how challenging the energy transition can be, and those at risk of being left behind.
You will have to publish the story within the application period (July 30 to August 3, 2023) and submit a link to the story within the application form.
For more information, visit Climate Tracker.
What's Your Reaction?