Covering Climate Now (CCNow) 2023 Journalism Awards for journalists worldwide.
Covering Climate Now has launched. Journalists throughout the world are invited to submit their work for the 2023 Awards, presented with the Columbia Journalism Review. Requirements Exceptional climate storytelling marked...
Application Deadline: March 15, 2023.
Covering Climate Now has launched. Journalists throughout the world are invited to submit their work for the 2023 Awards, presented with the Columbia Journalism Review.
Exceptional climate storytelling marked by any of the following qualities:
- Communicates the many facets of the climate emergency, with stories that include, for example, business and economic impacts, public health consequences, domestic and global political issues, as well as the effect of climate change on Earth’s ecosystems.
- Examines solutions emerging from politics, science, technology, manufacturing, agriculture, and other sectors, as well as policy solutions or solutions stemming from community initiatives and activism.
- Emphasizes the disproportionate impacts of climate change on communities of color, Indigenous peoples, the poor, women, children, and other marginalized people.
- Makes climate change accessible and digestible for audiences, with stories rooted in science but not bogged down by it.
- Demonstrates the human dimensions of the climate story, for example by highlighting the intersection of climate change with social issues like immigration, justice, and poverty.
- Holds power to account and calls out disinformation and unethical behavior.
- Breaks climate news out of the rut of partisan framing and demonstrates how the climate emergency is a collective problem that transcends politics and virtually all social fault lines.
Entry categories include:
- Writing — Short- and Long-form work; Newsletters; and Commentary
- Audio — Short- and Long-form work; and Radio or Podcast Series
- Video — Short- and Long-form work; and Documentary
- Social Media
- Engagement Journalism
- Emerging Journalist
- Student Journalist
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Covering Climate Now (CCNow) 2023 Journalism Awards
What's Your Reaction?