CREA’s Feminist leadership, Movement Building, and Rights Institute– East Africa (Travel Scholarships Available – Nairobi, Kenya)
CREA’s Feminist leadership, Movement Building, and Rights Institute– East Africa is a residential program designed to strengthen feminist solidarity, leadership, advocacy, and strategies for building collective power for social transformation....
Application Deadline: December 10, 2022
CREA’s Feminist leadership, Movement Building, and Rights Institute– East Africa is a residential program designed to strengthen feminist solidarity, leadership, advocacy, and strategies for building collective power for social transformation. The Institute engages feminists from across the region to build a substantive understanding of our present with all its challenges and possibilities. It interrogates concepts and structures that affect our strategies by embedding patriarchy and gender in concepts of nation, identity, religion, polity, and development. To make meaning of what feminist struggles have transformed and how new forms of patriarchy are part of existing inequalities.
The Institute is designed on the premise that feminist leadership can be strengthened and have greater impact when women’s rights activists and advocates have greater conceptual clarity and strategic approaches that go to the roots of inequality rather than dealing with its symptoms alone.
Activists, practitioners and academicians will teach the course using classroom instruction, group work, case studies, fiction, and films.
- The Institute emphasizes linking theory to practice;
- The participants will learn to critically analyze policy, research, and their own program interventions, using a rights-based approach;
- The Institute is not a training or workshop, and attempts to recast the idea of collective and experiential ways of learning;
- The Institute emphasizes learning led by world-class faculty.
The Institute will be held from 29th January- 4th February in Nairobi, Kenya. Participants will be expected to arrive on 28th January and depart on 5th February, and expected to be present throughout the entire duration of 8 nights and 7 days.
- CREA will cover tuition, accommodation and meals for all participants during the course. Accommodation will be on a twin-sharing basis.
- A limited number of travel scholarships are available (visa fees and travel insurance are not included).
- Those not receiving a travel scholarship are responsible for making their own arrangements for travel, visa and insurance.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the CREA’s Feminist leadership, Movement Building, and Rights Institute
What's Your Reaction?