DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme Master’s Scholarships 2023 for Public Policy and Good Governance for Study in Germany (Fully Funded)
Application Deadline: July, 31st 2022
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (known as Public Policy and Good Governance) supports future leaders from developing countries (see list of countries), who want to promote democracy and social justice in their home countries. The programme, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, offers the chance to acquire a Master’s degree in Master programmes of particular relevance for the social, political and economic development in the students’ countries of origin. In the light of the principles of Good Governance, highly qualified graduates with a first academic degree are being educated in political science, law, economics and administration and prepared for future leading positions in their home countries.
With the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme, the DAAD strives to contribute to promoting good governance and civil society structures in developing and emerging countries.
- offers future leaders master’s courses in disciplines that are of special relevance for the social, political, and economic development
- prepares them in a practice-oriented course for responsible positions in or for their regions of origin and contributes to establishing economic and social forms that are democratically oriented and designed to overcome social inequalities
Graduates from developing countries (bachelor or equivalent)
- with a well-qualified first university degree as a rule in the fields of social and political sciences, law, economics, public policy and administration
- willing to actively contribute to the social, political and economic development of their home countries/regions
- who have already gained practical experience relevant for the programme (professional experience, internships, political/social commitment)
What Can be Funded:
- Academic education in the master’s courses selected by the DAAD that are listed below, will take place from September/October 2023. The courses of study have an international focus and are offered in English and/or German.
- Throughout their studies, all scholarship holders of the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme benefit from accompanying support services provided by the programme coordinators at the respective study locations.
- Scholarship holders benefit from events and seminars organised specifically for them, as well as close exchange with other international scholarship holders.
- Planning also provides for participation in interdisciplinary networking events.
- DAAD scholarship holders are exempt from paying tuition fees.
- Scholarships (of currently € 931 per month) for master’s courses at German higher education institutions.
- Health insurance cover in Germany
- Appropriate travel allowances for travel between Germany and the respective developing countries
- A study and research grant
- Rent subsidies and family supplements, as applicable
- Preceding German language course in Germany, lasting up to 6 months. Participation is mandatory.
The following deviation regarding funding benefits applies for the ‘Social Protection’ programme, due to its blended learning concept: A sur place rate of € 500 per month is paid in the 4th semester (mandatory online semester in the student’s country of origin or another developing country).
For More Information: