DAAD In-Country/ In-Region Scholarship Programmes 2023/2024 Eastern Africa for postgraduate studies (Fully Funded)
The In-Country/In-Region scholarship programme in Eastern Africa aims to promote the development of university teaching staff in universities and build capacity for staff in the public sector through postgraduate training...
Application Deadline: 9th December 2022
The In-Country/In-Region scholarship programme in Eastern Africa aims to promote the development of university teaching staff in universities and build capacity for staff in the public sector through postgraduate training in selected postgraduate study programmes at selected Eastern African partner institutions.
This programme strongly encourages mobility of Sub-Saharan Africans to study in participating host institutions within the Eastern Africa region. Check the information further below for the links to the programmes funded, the links to the specific call for scholarship applications and the links to the host institutions.
- The target group for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships).
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
(Post)graduate programmes in West and Central Africa for which DAAD scholarships are offered:
Country Institution Degree Programm Benin University of Abomey-Calavi (UAC) Master Master in Statistics, Major Biostatistics PhD PhD in Agronomic Sciences, Major Biometry Cameroon University of Dschang PhD PhD in Parasitology PhD PhD in Pharmacology Ghana University of Ghana – Institute of Statistical Social and Economic Research PhD PhD in Development Studies Ghana University of Ghana – The West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement Master Master in Seed Science and Technology Ghana University of Ghana – The West Africa Centre for Cell Biology of Infectious Pathogens Master Master in Molecular Cell Biology of Infectious Diseases Nigeria Federal University of Technology Master Master in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering PhD Doctor in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Nigeria Benue State University Master Master in Food Chemistry PhD PhD in Food Chemistry
(Post)graduate programmes in Southern Africa for which DAAD scholarships are offered:
Country Institution Degree Programm Malawi Malawi University of Business and AppliedSciences (MUBAS) Master Master programme in Environmental Health
(Post)graduate programmes in Eastern Africa for which DAAD scholarships are offered:
Country Institution Degree Programm Kenya Moi University – East and South African-German Centre for Education Research Methodologies and Management (CERMESA) Master Master of Education in Research Kenya Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture andTechnology Master Master of Science in Energy Technology Kenya Pwani University Master Master of Science in Bioinformatics Kenya Partnership for African Social and GovernanceResearch (PASGR) Master Master of Research and Public Policy (MRPP) Kenya Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture andTechnology Master Master of Science in Soil and Water Engineering PhD PhD Doctor of Philosophy in Soil and Water Engineering Kenya Moi University PhD PhD in Biostatistics Kenya Dedan Kimathi University of Technology Master MSc Food Science and Technology Tanzania Ardhi University Master Master of Geomatics Tanzania Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology Master Master of Science in Embedded and Mobile Systems Uganda Busitema University Master Master of Public Health Uganda Mbarara University of Science and Technology Master Master of Science in Biology (Natural Resources Ecology,Management and Conservation) Master Master of Science in Biology (Microbiology and Parasitology) [MAP]
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
- Travel allowance (only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders)
- Health insurance (only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders)
Please review the call for applications of the degree programme you wish to apply for to see the specific requirements. Generally, the minimum requirements are:
- Successful completion of a three-year Bachelor degree (Master’s applicants) or a two-year Master degree (PhD applicants) with above average results (at least 2nd class upper division or equivalent);
- Completion of last university degree should not be more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- Clear demonstration of motivation and strong commitment;
- Thorough knowledge of the language of instruction;
- National or permanent resident of a Sub-Saharan African country
- Employed as a staff member of a public university, be a candidate for teaching or research staff recruitment, employed in the public sector, and/or an alumnus/a of the DAFI-programme
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the DAAD In-Country/ In-Region Scholarship Programmes Eastern Africa
What's Your Reaction?