Digital Democracy Accelerator 2023 ($15,000 grant)
Deadline: July 15, 2023 Applications are open for the Digital Democracy Accelerator 2023. Innovation in digital technology is increasingly affecting everyday life, creating a need for more just and equitable...
Deadline: July 15, 2023
Applications are open for the Digital Democracy Accelerator 2023. Innovation in digital technology is increasingly affecting everyday life, creating a need for more just and equitable policies that protect people’s rights and interests. For instance, digital technology impacts marginalized communities and human rights particularly on issues of justice and equity. That’s why People Powered offers the Digital Democracy Accelerator, a training and support program for governments and civil society organizations that want to design and launch participatory programs to develop policies to govern this space.
To be selected for this program governments and civil society organizations/non-governmental organizations are required to work as partners. The first accelerator cohort is open to applicants in Europe, with space for 12 participants. Future programs will focus on other regions. Over six months, program participants will develop action-oriented solutions that effectively engage citizens in making decisions about digital policy governing concerns such as security, privacy, equity and ethics.
Selected applicants will have access to:
- A dedicated mentor with experience in this arena.
- Step-by step resources such as the Participation Playbook, our interactive online tool for designing participatory programs.
- Practice-oriented live sessions and online courses.
- A US$15,000 grant to help implement their projects.
- The opportunity to apply for an additional $100,000 award for the two best projects developed by program participants.
- Open to applicants in Europe.
- Local government officials, staff members and policymakers in European countries who want to launch a participatory program for making decisions on digital policies can apply. Note: If a government organization is the applicant, they must be in a partnership with a civil society organization, as the grant recipient must be a non-governmental entity. Countries eligible: Armenia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine and United Kingdom.
- Civil-society organization staff members and/or advocates who want to implement a participatory program focused on digital policies in partnership with a government institution based in an European country eligible for the program.
- Participants are expected to spend an average of two hours per week from September 2023 to March 2024.
- In addition, they will be asked to set aside a few key dates on their calendars to participate in the program’s live sessions.
- Develop an action plan (project) to be implemented, with the support of the program resources.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to develop an action plan.
- Attend and participate in dedicated training and mentorship/peer support activities and discussions.
- Report on project progress and lessons.
Complete the application form and submit required documents by July 15.
For more information, visit Digital Democracy Accelerator.
What's Your Reaction?