DoSomething Generation Future 2023 – Share your vision for the future and you could earn a $5,000 grant!
For three decades, DoSomething has inspired young people like you to take action and make a difference in their community. Today’s young people are redefining the rules by challenging broken...
Deadline: July 31, 2023
For three decades, DoSomething has inspired young people like you to take action and make a difference in their community. Today’s young people are redefining the rules by challenging broken systems and creating new paths forward. The future looks bright for a generation of leaders who refuse to wait for tomorrow to make change happen today.
So, what exactly is Generation Future then? Generation Future is YOU. It’s your ideas. Your dreams. And your desire to create real, systemic change. As part of celebrating their 30th birthday this year, they want to hear from you on how you’ll change, transform, and build a future on your terms.
As one of the largest nonprofits exclusively for young people and social change, DoSomething has activated millions of young people in every U.S. area code and 189 countries to take action to improve their communities. Together, DoSomething members participate in our campaigns and programs to take action on causes that impact them and their communities.
Share with us your vision for the future you want to see and how you are, or will make it a reality, and… you could:
- Earn a $5,000 grant to fuel your dreams
- Be recognized at their 30th anniversary celebration this fall in New York City.
How it works:
- Up to 10 Finalists will have the story shared with the DoSomething community for voting, will bebe eligible for our Generation Future grant and join an influential group of our members who we may invite to provide input on future DoSomething programs and initiatives
- 3 Honorees will have their work featured at our 30th Anniversary celebration in New York City and you’ll receive a $5,000 grant to put towards your work for a better future!
- If you are between the ages of 13 and 25 years old and live in the U.S. (or are a U.S. citizen, but living abroad), you are eligible for the opportunity to win any of our grants. We never require an essay, GPA, or recommendation to apply.
- Just be sure to share your vision for the future and the actions you’re taking to achieve it by filling out our submission form by July 31, 2023 11:59PM ET.
1-4 Vision Is there a clear demonstration of Vision? Are there thoughtful insights & clear articulation of what your vision for your future is and how your action(s) can be part of it? 1-4 Creativity Is this member creative in their approach to address a need they’ve identified in their community? 1-4 Impact Is there a clear articulation of how the member’s community can be positively impacted by their social impact idea or initiative? Did the member demonstrate how their community is/was/can be substantially affected by this? 1-4 Unique Why are you uniquely positioned to create change on this issue? How does it connect to your own personal “why”? Is this something you did on your own, or was this part of the work of a previous club/group? 1-4 Commitment Does the submission reflect an existing commitment and track record on this issue and to carrying this work forward in future years and beyond?
- Complete your submission by sharing your vision and the actions you’re taking to achieve it, and filling out the submission form by July 31, 2023 11:59pm ET.
- You’ll be entered for the opportunity to win one of the $5,000 grants. (If for some reason your submission is rejected, we’ll let you know.)
- If your submission is selected, you’ll be voted on by other DoSomething members in August to be a winner and join us at our gala!!
For more information, visit DoSomething.
What's Your Reaction?