EJC Climate Journalism Award 2023 (€2,000 prize)
Applications are open for the European Journalism Centre (EJC) Climate Journalism Award 2023. The Award will promote and recognise exceptional climate journalism that adopts an innovative or original story telling...
Deadline: July 17, 2023
Applications are open for the European Journalism Centre (EJC) Climate Journalism Award 2023. The Award will promote and recognise exceptional climate journalism that adopts an innovative or original story telling approach, encouraging journalists to prioritise reporting on climate-related issues. The Award is managed by the European Journalism Centre, in partnership with Google News Initiative.
The Climate Journalism Award has five categories:
- Data: Climate change reporting that relies on data analysis.
- Storytelling & solutions: Novel and solutions-focused storytelling methods for communicating climate change stories.
- Visualisations: Making climate stories comprehensible and engaging for the audience by utilising data and scientific information in a visual representation.
- Investigative reporting: Reporting that holds those in power accountable for their actions and their impact on climate change.
- Emerging talent: Innovative climate reporting produced by journalists and newsrooms with less than three years of experience.
- Stories can be submitted in five categories and winners will each receive a cash prize of €2,000.
Journalists or teams are required to meet the following criteria:
- The submitted piece must address one or more topics related to climate change and its effects;
- The submitted piece must have been published in or on a European-based media outlet;
- The submitted piece must have been published in the past 12 months (14 June 2022 – 13 June 2023).
- Print, online, video, and multi-platform storytelling formats are eligible to win an award and these may have been published behind a paywall. You can enter more than one submission but with a maximum of two categories per submission.
The Award is open to reporting in any language but should be accompanied by a text-only translation in English. You can submit on behalf of a collaborative team of journalists.
Winners will be announced at News Impact Summit event on 12 October 2023, and you will be expected to travel to Lisbon for the ceremony with EJC’s support.
For more information, visit EJC Climate Journalism Award.
What's Your Reaction?