Call for Applications: Empowering Young Women in Spectrum Management 2023 (Fully-funded)
Applications are invited for the Empowering Young Women in Spectrum Management Training 2023. The ITU-managed PRIDA project would like to provide fully funded training on spectrum management for young women...
Deadline: June 15, 2023
Applications are invited for the Empowering Young Women in Spectrum Management Training 2023. The ITU-managed PRIDA project would like to provide fully funded training on spectrum management for young women who are currently enrolled in their final year of studies. The training has two sessions. For the first session of the training a total of 200 young women will be selected from French speaking countries in Africa. For the second session a total of 200 young women will be selected from English speaking countries in Africa. The location is not yet defined.
Spectrum management is the process of regulating the use of radio frequencies to promote efficient use and gain a net social benefit. The term radio spectrum typically refers to the full frequency range from 1 Hz to 3000 GHz (3 THz) that may be used for wireless communication. Increasing demand for services such as mobile telephones and many others has required changes in the philosophy of spectrum management. Demand for wireless broadband has soared due to technological innovation, such as 3G and 4G mobile services, and the rapid expansion of wireless internet services.
- Fully funded travel (location to be confirmed).
- Reimbursements for all materials, preparation, hotel, and travel.
- Training on spectrum management and networking opportunities.
- Certificate of Recognition.
- Be a young women aged between 19-25.
- Be enrolled in their final academic year of their first university degree/graduate degree in Telecommunication Engineering, Cybersecurity, IT, Computer Science, Data Science, and related fields. (Proof of enrollment is needed).
- Have a GPA of 3.5 and above (Proof is needed).
- Hold a valid passport.
- Be from one of the listed countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Have an advanced level of English and/or French language.
- Strong communication, analytical and writing skills.
Candidates will be invited to provide:
- Contact information.
- Proof of enrolment.
- Valid copy of passport.
- CV (up to 2 pages) in one of the two languages (English or French).
- Motivation for applying and expectations towards the training.
- Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and the Code of Conduct.
For more information, visit Spectrum Management Training.
What's Your Reaction?