ESCWA Digital Arabic Content Award 2023-2024
Applications are open for the ESCWA Digital Arabic Content Award 2023-2024. The Award recognizes the best digital Arabic content products that relate to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It also...
Deadline: October 15, 2023
Applications are open for the ESCWA Digital Arabic Content Award 2023-2024. The Award recognizes the best digital Arabic content products that relate to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
It also aims at highlighting the benefits of digital technologies and its platforms for advancing sustainable development and accelerating progress on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda. Through this Award, ESCWA seeks to contribute to bridging the digital content gaps and supporting the development of the information and knowledge society in the Arab region.
- Each of the winners in both categories will receive a Trophy and Travel and Accommodation in the city where the 2024 Arab Forum for Sustainable Development takes place.
- Additionally, winners in the Young Entrepreneurs category will be sponsored to attend the 2024 WSA global congress and will benefit from training and mentoring programmes offered by ESCWA and WSA.
Open to institutions and young entrepreneurs from Arab countries that have created digital Arabic content applications or products with a clear impact on society.
- Institutions can be public, private, academic, civil society, non-governmental, or other stakeholders, with existing products that support the achievement of the SDGs.
- Young entrepreneurs can be start-up founders, or teams of young people or individuals where at least one of the founders and most of the team are younger than 35 years old.
Two Strategic Criteria – Social/Societal
- IMPACT | Local impact on community and society in the Arab region, and sustainability and
- VALUE | Addressing the United Nations SDGs, narrowing digital divide, and promoting digital
inclusion for sustainable development.
Five Technical Criteria
- CONTENT | Quality and comprehensiveness.
- FUNCTIONALITY | Ease of use, User experience, Appropriate interactivity.
- DESIGN | Navigation, Target groups, and Visual appeal.
- TECHNOLOGY | State of the art in technology and quality of technical realization.
- INNOVATION | Originality and newness to targeted users, Business model society and market
What's Your Reaction?