Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Okayama Award 2022 ($3,000 prize)
Deadline: July 15, 2022
Applications are open for the Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) Okayama Award 2022. The aims of the award are to support the organizations carrying out ESD activities and promote ESD to local communities globally through showcasing their initiatives.
To build a momentum, Okayama city launched the ESD Okayama Award in 2015. The ESD Okayama Award is organized by Okayama City and the ESD Okayama Award Steering Board, composed of organizations which have been promoting ESD in Japan and around the world. The ESD Okayama Award aims to showcase good ESD practices worldwide, and also to further advance SDGs since ESD is a key enabler of the achievement of all targets of SDGs.
- A prize of $3,000 per project is awarded. The prize should be used to expand the project.
- Organizations based in any country and region implementing ESD activities in local communities are eligible to apply for the Award.
- Only one application per organization can be accepted.
- Projects eligible for this award are ongoing and have been running for at least two years as of April 2022.
- Projects in the planning stages are not eligible.
- The organizations that have won the ESD Okayama Award in the past cannot apply with the award winning projects, but can apply with other projects.
- Vision: The project outlines local issues to realize a sustainable society, and objectives are clearly stated.
- Collaboration: The project has a clear implementation structure with various collaborating stakeholders (individuals and organizations).
- Integration: The project integrates environmental, social, and economic dimensions.
- Innovation: The project demonstrates innovative approaches and methods to promote ESD.
- Status of Implementation: The project has a track record of activities and documentations including feedback and evaluation of audiences and stakeholders.
- Empowerment: The project takes educational approaches such as interactive methods for problem solving and promoting actions to shape a sustainable future. The project also leads to behavior change of individuals, including the transformation of values, attitudes and actions, and to the empowerment of local communities.
- Future Strategy: The project is expected to be expanded in the future and bring positive influences to other communities as well.
- Complete the ESD Okayama Award 2022 Application Form
- Prepare a video or slideshow of the project and upload it on YouTube or Facebook.
- You can attach relevant Supporting Documents to the Application Form.
- Supporting documents cannot be more than 5 pages (A4 Paper) in total.
- Documents exceeding 5 pages will not be accepted or considered.
Send application documents by e-mail to the Secretariat via firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “ESD Okayama Award 2022 Application” in the subject line of your e-mail. Note that the data must be less than 8MB. They cannot receive data exceeding 8MB.