Eswatini Girls in ICT Development Programme 2023 (Fully-funded)
Applications are invited for the Girls in ICT Development Programme 2023. The Eswatini Communications Commission (ESCCOM) has initiated a ‘Girls in ICT’ Development Programme, aimed at young ladies who are...
Deadline: January 16, 2023
Applications are invited for the Girls in ICT Development Programme 2023. The Eswatini Communications Commission (ESCCOM) has initiated a ‘Girls in ICT’ Development Programme, aimed at young ladies who are interested in pursuing an Information, Communications, and Technology (ICT) related profession.
This scholarship is aimed at cultivating the presence and digital skills of young women and girls [aged 17-24] in the career field of STEM, particularly ICT. The programme will enable young girls without the necessary economic resources, to pursue careers in the ICT space.
Science, Technology, and Innovation are key drivers of our increasingly global and digital society. However, the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) states that less than 30% of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) professionals are women. Globally, in tertiary institutions, there is approximately half the number of girls studying STEM subjects compared to boys, Eswatini is not an exception. With this inequality persisting through the 21st century, the need for diversity, equity, and inclusion of women in STEM is critical.
The sponsorship will comprise of:
- Fully-funded tuition
- Transport fees to and from, payable once every year
- Study Permit costs, where applicable
- Medical aid, where applicable
- Prescribed textbooks
- Monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses
- The scholarship holder will be expected to participate in two (2) annual initiatives promoted by ESCCOM, namely the international ‘Girls in ICT’ Commemoration, and Cybersecurity Awareness Campaigns, among other initiatives
- Be a citizen of Eswatini;
- Aged seventeen years, or above, up to a maximum of twenty-four years;
- The candidate should have credited Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) related Subjects;
- Acceptance letter for an ICT-related undergraduate degree from an accredited local or South African Higher Learning Institution;
- Must be of good conduct, hardworking, and have excellent academic results;
- Involvement in extra-curricular activities, such as sports, community service etc. is a plus.
Qualifying young girls are requested to submit the following application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17H00 on Monday, January 16, 2023:
- Two (2) page letter of motivation, including educational and professional goals, and achievements
- Statement of results
- Conditional / Acceptance letter from an accredited Higher Learning Institution
Applications should be addressed to:
Acting Director Support Services
Eswatini Communications Commission
4th Floor, North Wing, Sibekelo Building
For more information, visit Girls in ICT Development Programme.
What's Your Reaction?