Experian South Africa: Data Specialist Graduate Programme 2023
Experian South Africa invites applications from recent graduates for the Data Specialist Graduate Programme 2023 in Sandton, Gauteng. Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big...
Experian South Africa invites applications from recent graduates for the Data Specialist Graduate Programme 2023 in Sandton, Gauteng.
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company.
During life’s big moments — from buying a home or a car to sending a child to college to growing a business by connecting with new customers — we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence.
We have 20,000 people operating across 44 countries. By investing in our people, technology and innovation, we can help transform businesses, help communities prosper, enable more people to feel included in the financial opportunities that should be available to them, and help people to thrive.
We’re looking for inspired employees that want to make an impact.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work.
Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people.
Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
- To build and maintain efficient data solutions for Experian systems using our internal data fabric.
- The role requires one to participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Create high-quality products that meet client needs and align with company strategy. This role focuses mainly on data ingestion and distribution.
- Using Microsoft and Opensource tools to achieve the desired outcome, with the highest quality in mind.
- Grade 12 National Senior Certificate (NQF 4)
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
Additional Information: What you’ll need to bring to the party
- Systematic Approach: Uses an organised and systematic approach; can define clear priorities and allocates resources effectively.
- Steadiness: Creates a stable and reassuring work atmosphere; supports and encourages team in difficult times; is firm and reliable.
- Analysis and Judgment: Quickly understand and analyse complex issues and problems; come up with sound and rational judgments.
- Innovation: Produces fresh and imaginative ideas and solutions; breaks away from tradition; promotes change and novelty.
- Effective Communication: Clear Communication. Speaks with authority and conviction; presents effectively.
- Constructive Teamwork: Co-operates well with others and shares knowledge, experience, and information.
- Self-Development: Is aware of own strengths and limitations and pursues learning and career development opportunities.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Development: To develop processes and components that provide the necessary data management and reporting outcomes to support various business units’ data requirements and operations by providing the correct information in the proper format at the right time to the right persons. Responsible for establishing and enforcing standards and practices with the software development team. Make sure that the architecture is the right one for operations but also deployment of software to production.
- Customer Service: To ensure that Core Data Services maintains a competitive edge regarding service levels and to know and satisfy customer needs by implementing the required Policies, Procedures, and industry best practices. Also, to create innovative products that provide meaningful business solutions.
- Management support: To assist key stakeholders by performing the necessary tasks and providing critical insights and communications on an ad-hoc and recurring basis to ensure optimal company performance and revenue, improved sales conversations and industry benchmarking and performance.
- Project Management & Administration: To provide the correct outputs, on time, with the necessary documentation.
- Ownership and Initiative: Practice complete ownership of one’s own life and work environment. Own their own deliveries and communication. They act on initiative, make things happen and accept responsibility for the results.
- Execution: Adheres to company rules and procedures; executes plans with commitment and determination; achieves high-quality results.