FAO-ITC EWAT Programme Investment Readiness Bootcamps 2023 in Ghana & Nigeria
Applications are invited for the FAO-ITC EWAT Programme Investment Readiness Bootcamps 2023 in Ghana & Nigeria. The Empowering women and boosting livelihoods through agricultural trade (EWAT): Leveraging the African Continental...
Deadline: July 7, 2023
Applications are invited for the FAO-ITC EWAT Programme Investment Readiness Bootcamps 2023 in Ghana & Nigeria. The Empowering women and boosting livelihoods through agricultural trade (EWAT): Leveraging the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) is a project co-implemented by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the International Trade Centre (ITC).
The programme aims to support formal and informal women producers, processors, traders, women’s cooperatives, and associations to take advantage of the opportunities created by the AfCFTA in agriculture and agro-processing value chains.
The EWAT programme is delighted to announce a call for applications for two investment readiness bootcamps that it is organising in Ghana and Nigeria. Taking place over two days, these bootcamps will take place over the following dates:
- July 24-25, 2023 in Accra, Ghana
- August 10-11, 2023 in Lagos, Nigeria
- Facilitate the investment readiness bootcamp;
- Provide catering for both days;
- Facilitate interactions with capital providers.
If the woman entrepreneur lives outside Accra or Lagos, the project might be able to provide transportation and/or accommodation (to be confirmed after selection process).
- The micro, small and medium-sized enterprise (MSME) must be in the agrifood sector.
- The MSME must be within micro and small enterprise category or at startup phase.
- The MSME must be a women-led business or women-led cooperative.
- The MSME must at least have basic knowledge of bookkeeping.
- The MSME has been in business for at least a year and is seeking to access finance within the next 6 months.
- The company representative commits to attend both days of the bootcamp.
- The company representative attending the bootcamp has proficiency in English.
Only 35 spots per country are available. The selection of companies will be done on the basis of the above-mentioned criteria on a first come first served basis. Only one spot is allocated to each selected company.
For more information, visit FAO-ITC EWAT Programme.
What's Your Reaction?