GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security 2023 (CHF 10,000 prize)
Applications are open for the GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security 2023. In 2015, under the umbrella of its Creativity and Innovation Initiative, the Geneva Centre for Security Policy...
Deadline: September 25, 2023
Applications are open for the GCSP Prize for Innovation in Global Security 2023. In 2015, under the umbrella of its Creativity and Innovation Initiative, the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP) and its Geopolitics and Global Futures Programme established a prize in order to recognise deserving individuals or organisations that have an innovative approach to addressing international security challenges.
The prize is designed to reach across all relevant disciplines and fields. It is intended to encourage and recognise excellence in contributing to new approaches to enhancing sustainable global security. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research or grassroots initiatives.
- The prize for the application coming in first position is CHF 10,000 and a certificate of excellence. The two other finalist applications will receive a certificate of recognition.
- The winners (first, second and third place) will be announced publicly during an event to be held in November 2023.
- The prize is awarded for projects by any individual, group of individuals, or organisation (from private or public sectors), which contribute to global security.
- Applications may come from any country, but the projects should go beyond national borders in their reach or thinking and seek to address global security in innovative ways or through new ideas. A broad range of projects could qualify for consideration, including, but not limited to, technological and conceptual innovations, original research, or grassroots initiatives.
- Employees and staff of the GCSP, as well as their family members, are not eligible participants.
The panel of judges will select the winners (first, second and third place), and the selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Dedication to sustainable global security
- Preservation of human dignity, security and justice
The deadline for applications is 25 September 2023 at 23:59 UTC 2. The winners will be announced in November 2023.
Applications must be submitted via the online application form in order to be considered for the prize, and shall include:
- A project abstract of 250 words maximum;
- A well-developed project description which should not exceed 750 words in length;
- A description of the technical process of the project submitted (if applicable);
- An estimate of the budget required for the project;
- An explanation of how the project provides a novel contribution to the field of global security;
- A description of the short-term and long-term impact of the project in the field of global security;
- Up to five image files (optional).
For more information, visit GCSP Prize.
What's Your Reaction?