Group on Earth Observations Sustainable Development Goals (GEO SDG) Awards 2023
Nominations are open for the Group on Earth Observations Sustainable Development Goals (GEO SDG) Awards 2023. The GEO SDG Awards recognizes the productivity, innovation, novelty, and exemplary efforts in the...
Deadline: July 2, 2023
Nominations are open for the Group on Earth Observations Sustainable Development Goals (GEO SDG) Awards 2023. The GEO SDG Awards recognizes the productivity, innovation, novelty, and exemplary efforts in the use of Earth observations to support sustainable development.
Launched in 2019, this annual award is presented to those making an impact on the 17 global goals put forth by the United Nations, as indicated by progress toward achieving an SDG Target and/or reporting on an SDG Indicator. The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development provides a universal set of priorities to use as a blueprint of action for people, the planet, and prosperity. Earth observations, geospatial data, and the information they provide play insightful roles in monitoring targets, tracking progress, as well as helping nations and stakeholders make informed decisions toward achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The GEO SDG Awards Program offers two types of awards: Sectoral Category Awards and Special Category Awards.
- Sectoral Category Awards focus on the type of organization and nature of the work. Nominees will identify one Sectoral Category for their nomination, and they will be considered according to one Sectoral Category.
- Four Special Category Awards recognize specific key tenets related to the integration of Earth observations and sustainable development. All nominees will be considered for these awards.
- Any organization that has used Earth observations or geospatial data to support sustainable development practices, analysis, or reporting is eligible to apply for a 2023 GEO SDG Award.
- You may nominate your own team/organization, or you may nominate someone else.
- They encourage members, partners, and programs of the Group on Earth Observations (GEO) to apply; however, nominees are not required to be affiliated with GEO.
- They also strongly urge applications from across civil society, the commercial sector, academia, SDG custodian agencies, not-for-profit organizations, and inter-governmental organizations.
Download and complete the Nominations Form for the 2023 GEO Awards. Alternatively, you may download a Word Document and save it as a PDF before emailing your submission. Additionally, refer to the Suggestions for Nominators document for considerations in developing a nomination.
Supplementary information such as images, testimonials, or other materials should be included in your email as attachments.
Email completed nomination forms and supplementary information to: email@example.com
For more information, visit GEO SDG Awards.
What's Your Reaction?