Google EMEA Legal Summer Institute (LSI) 2023
Applications are open for the Google EMEA Legal Summer Institute (LSI) 2023. The Google Legal Summer Institute (LSI) is a unique experience where law school students who are underrepresented in...
Deadline: June 11, 2023
Applications are open for the Google EMEA Legal Summer Institute (LSI) 2023. The Google Legal Summer Institute (LSI) is a unique experience where law school students who are underrepresented in the legal field are invited to spend time interning with one of Google’s partner law firms and gain experience of what it is like to work in private practice.
During their internship, students will spend a week with Google (remotely and/or in-person depending on the location) attending presentations and career development workshops, building their network and gaining insights into life as an in-house lawyer at a global technology company. There will also be an opportunity for LSI students to participate in a six-month mentorship scheme and be mentored by a Google lawyer. LSI aims to improve access to in-house careers at tech companies by expanding opportunities and removing barriers for talent underrepresented in the legal industry.
LSI students are a diverse group of students with interests across all legal practice areas. Google considers students who are attending (or have attended) law schools in EMEA. Students who identify with a group that is underrepresented in the legal profession industry are especially encouraged to apply. The Google week of the EMEA Legal Summer Institute will take place from Monday 28th August to 1st September 2023. The dates for the week(s) at the partner law firms will vary across EMEA depending on the law firm.
- LSI is a paid opportunity and all participating partner firms are deeply committed to contribute to making this experience for LSI students as similar as their other paid vacation schemes.
- LSI offers access to an optional six-month mentorship program which connects LSI students with and a mentor who will be a more experienced Google lawyer or legal professional. The mentor is an unbiased resource, untied to the student’s work, who will aid in the student’s personal and professional development by sharing their advice and guidance on a confidential 1:1 basis with the mentee.
- The LSI team facilitates candid conversations with top legal leaders throughout their week at Google. Past speakers include Yoram Elkaïm, EMEA Legal Lead, various members of the EMEA legal team (including Head of Regions, Privacy, Competition, Copyright) and the broader global and policy teams.
To apply, students must:
- Have work authorization in the country of internship.
- Be a law student and would like to or is considering entering the legal profession.
- Demonstrate academic excellence..
- Provide resume.
- Be comfortable working in the English language as the Google week will be held in English..
Students who identify with a group that is underrepresented in the legal profession are especially encouraged to apply.
Location: Belgium, Egypt, France, Germany, Ghana, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kenya, Netherlands, Nigeria, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom
For Belgium, Germany, Ghana, Kenya, Netherlands, Nigeria, South Africa, UK: apply by completing this application form. For other locations, refer to your law firm/point of contact.
For more information, visit Google LSI.
What's Your Reaction?