Google PhD Fellowship Programme 2023 for Latin America (up to $15,000)
Deadline: January 11, 2023
Applications are open for the Google PhD Fellowship Programme 2023 for Latin America. Google PhD Fellowships directly support graduate students as they pursue their PhD, as well as connect them to a Google Research Mentor.
The Google PhD Fellowship students are a select group recognized by Google researchers and their institutions as some of the most promising young academics in the world. The Fellowships are awarded to students who represent the future of research in the following fields:
- Algorithms, Optimizations and Markets
- Computational Neural and Cognitive Sciences
- Health Research
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Machine Learning
- Machine Perception, Speech Technology and Computer Vision
- Mobile Computing
- Natural Language Processing (including Information Retrieval and Extraction)
- Privacy and Security
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Quantum Computing
- Recommender Systems
- Structured Data and Database Management
- Systems and Networking
- Up to 3 year Fellowship
- US $15K per year to cover stipend and other research related activities, travel expenses including overseas travel
- Access to Google Research Mentor
- Open to promising PhD candidates of all backgrounds who seek to influence the future of technology.
- Students must remain enrolled full-time in the PhD programme for the duration of the Fellowship or forfeit the award.
- Google employees, and their spouses, children, and members of their household are not eligible.
- Students that are already supported by a comparable industry award are not eligible. Government or non-profit organization funding is exempt.
Applications for the 2023 award cycle are now open. Submit by 11:59:59pm UTC-12 (AoE) on January 11, 2023. Notification of decisions will be announced by email in March 2023.