Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award 2023 ($120,000 prize)
Applications for the Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award 2023 are now open. The Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA) is...
Deadline: June 30, 2023
Applications for the Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award 2023 are now open. The Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Award (HIPA) is an international photography award established in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates, in order to encourage and spread the culture of photography across the world.
Diversity will be the main theme of the season.
Diversity has existed on earth since the beginning of time. It is one of the fundamentals of life that our ancestors have learnt and understood along with the wisdom behind it until it has become ingrained as intellect. You may see diversity right in front of you, whether it be in an idea that inspires you or in a random and spontaneous visual comparison.
- Digital Art
- Portfolio (Story-telling)
- The Photography Appreciation Award
- The Photography Content Creator Award
- Emerging Person/Organization in Photography Award
- The Grand Prize, USD $120,000, will be chosen from any category available this season, and not only from the main theme.
- All individuals over the age of 18 from any part of the world are invited to participate.
- You cannot participate with any photo(s) that has/have already won in HIPA or any past competitions.
- Submitted Photo(s) must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution, of a minimum 5 MB in size, the minimum of the longest edge should be no less than 2000 pixel and the quality no less than 300dpi, and be suitable for publication.
- Editing the photos must not affect the authenticity of the photograph.
- You may submit up to one (1) Photo in each relevant category of the Competition including the sub categories under the General category, except the portfolio category, where you must upload 5-10 photographs.
- You can participate with pictures taken with digital or analogue cameras, but submission must be done digitally online, so film photographs would have to be scanned by the participant before submission.
- They accept photo descriptions in English or Arabic or both languages only.
They have a system for judgment based on FOUR main stages.
- Stage 1: The process begins with screening (filtration) of received photographs. In this stage, judges check all submitted photographs and check their compatibility with the rules and regulations. (Photographs here are marked either as qualified or not qualified).
- Stage 2: Qualified photographs then move on to the first stage of actual judging by a group of judges (there are usually three groups of three judges) and the judges here give a score for the photographs between 1 and 100. Each judging group handles a specific category and in turn judge on selected photographs.
- Stage 3: A percentage of the photographs (percentage differs according to total number of photographs) will be qualified to the third judging level where all the judges (usually 9) give another score between 1 and 100.
- Stage 4: The HIPA team will also begin the verification process of participants within a certain time-frame. This will include request of legal documents such as model release forms and ownership statements in addition to copies of identification cards and / or passport copies, in addition to verifying all terms and conditions, and the result of this stage determines the winners in each category.
For more information, visit HIPA.
What's Your Reaction?