International Development Research Center (IDRC) Research Awards 2023/2024 for study in Canada (Fully Funded)
IDRC’s research awards application process for 2023 is now open! This year IDRC will offer research awards related to these development areas or themes: Climate-Resilient Food Systems, Democratic and Inclusive...
Application Deadline: February 1, 2023
IDRC’s research awards application process for 2023 is now open! This year IDRC will offer research awards related to these development areas or themes:
- Climate-Resilient Food Systems,
- Democratic and Inclusive Governance,
- Education and Science,
- Ethics in Development Research,
- Global Health,
- Policy and Evaluation, and
- Sustainable Inclusive Economies.
All awards will be based in Ottawa except for the Global Health award that will be based in Nairobi.
- Applied for only one research award recipient opportunity
- Proposed research must focus on one or more developing countries on the OECD DAC list of ODA recipients
- Field research component cannot be more than 3 months
- Research cannot be proposed in countries with Government of Canada travel security advisories to « Avoid all travel »
- Specific eligibility criteria of each research theme must be satisfied
- Completed Research proposal submission and Academic information and professional qualifications form and for awards in Ottawa a copy of your valid student permit or full-time work permit valid at least until 30 April 2024, if applicable , or proof of your Kenyan Citizenship for the award in Nairobi which must be uploaded as part of the application process (Note: If these documents are not uploaded your application will not be considered)
- Candidates who have valid student permits and are selected will have offers conditional upon obtaining a work permit valid for full-time work (37.5 hours) from 1 May 2023 and 30 April 2024
Research proposal evaluation criteria
- Relevance of the proposal to IDRC’s mission and mandate
- Relevance of the proposal to selected development outcome area
- Clarity and quality of the proposal
- Clarity and appropriateness in addressing the ethical considerations and gender dimension of the proposed research
- Applicant’s capacity to conduct the proposed program of research including academic qualifications, local language abilities, and related experience
- Applicant’s capacity to conduct program of work, including related employment experience
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the IDRC Doctoral Research Awards 2023
What's Your Reaction?