IMF Recruitment Outreach Mission to Sub-Saharan Africa 2022 for Experienced Economists
Application Deadline: Unspecified
The IMF is inviting applications from Experienced Macroeconomists to join the Mid-Career Economist Pipeline – a competitive pool of ready-to-hire Macroeconomists for all internal economist positions at the Fund.
As an IMF Economist, you will:
- Join one of the largest teams of economist focused on macroeconomics anywhere in the world.
- Contribute to a wide range of challenging policy issues that span different branches of economics by providing analysis, policy, and program design, and capacity development to help our member countries address their specific economic challenges.
- Work from our headquarters in Washington DC to build collaborative relationships with colleagues across the IMF, as well as with key institutions, authorities, and leaders around the world to develop creative solutions to evolving global economic challenges.
IMF is seeking experienced macroeconomists who have:
- An advanced degree (master’s/PhD) in macroeconomics or a related field such as monetary economics, financial economics, public finance, international trade, or econometrics;
- Relevant professional experience at the national and regional levels in macroeconomic policy, quantitative techniques, and country surveillance, usually gained in a central bank, ministry of finance, or international financial institution. Experience in a research institute or academia is also acceptable if it is combined with some exposure to macroeconomic policy making. Specific credentials are:
- PhD with three to ten years of relevant work experience;
- Master’s with seven to fourteen years of relevant work experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency in quantitative modeling and econometrics to support analysis and policy formulation;
- Strong interpersonal, communications and writing skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills in English. Working proficiency in Arabic, French, Portuguese or Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with member country authorities.
- Applications are welcome from candidates across the Sub-Saharan Africa region
- The IMF will cover the travel, hotel and per diem costs for all shortlisted candidates invited for interview in the relevant hubs.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to participate in final assessments comprising of a panel interview, written test and technical presentation.
- IMF will conduct an initial screening based on your application form and supporting documentation.
- If you are successful in meeting our initial criteria, you will receive an invitation to participate in a video interview.
- If selected following your HireVue interview, you will receive an invitation for a preliminary interview in one of the countries being used as a regional hub.
For More Information: