IMMANA Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023 (Stipend available)
Applications are open for the IMMANA Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023. The IMMANA Fellowships aim to create a cadre of emerging leaders in agriculture, nutrition and health research. In each annual...
Deadline: February 1, 2023
Applications are open for the IMMANA Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme 2023. The IMMANA Fellowships aim to create a cadre of emerging leaders in agriculture, nutrition and health research.
In each annual round, IMMANA will award six 12-month post-doctoral Fellowships to emerging leaders who are applying and/or validating new methodological approaches with mentors in ongoing research programmes in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). Fellows conduct their research in Africa or Asia under the joint supervision of two mentors, one from the applicant’s current or previous employer or academic institution, and one from a host institution where the applicant proposes to advance their work.
- Fellows will be part of the global Agriculture, Nutrition and Health Academy, giving them access to a community of researchers and institutions from various disciplines working together to develop methods and metrics for the design and evaluation of agriculture programmes for improved nutrition and health. Fellows will have the opportunity to participate in working groups and trainings offered by the Academy, as well as attend annual global conferences, meetings, and trainings including peer review to improve publication quality and research impact.
- Fellows will be affiliated with the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM), gaining access to the expertise of scientists from various disciplines.
- Fellows will have access to Tufts University’s facilities and resources available to faculty and staff, including electronic access to the Tufts’ library’s collection of 19,000 journals and other online materials.
- Fellows will receive communications support throughout their Fellowship that will increase their opportunities to collaborate with other IMMANA Fellows, promote their progress within the research community, and raise the visibility of their academic pursuits to a broader professional network.
- Fellows will be provided with a stipend of £40,800 for the 12-month period, plus a research allowance of £9,000 to cover local travel and other research expenses (such as translation, hardware, software supplies, etc.), as well as participation in IMMANA Academy Weeks, trainings and workshops.
- All payments will be made as lump sums against completion of programme milestones. Fellows are then responsible for arranging and paying all of their travel and other expenses during the project period.
- Eligible applicants will have completed a doctorate (PhD, DPhil, DPH, MD, DVM or similar terminal degree) in any field related to agriculture, nutrition and health, and be actively engaged in research, education and engagement at the intersection of two or more of these fields.
- IMMANA strongly encourages applications from female candidates and citizens of low- and middle-income countries.
- Selection will give preference to applicants who have research or faculty appointments in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia, but applicants may be of any nationality and have earned their doctorate anywhere.
Full applications are due no later than 11:59 PM EST Wednesday, 1 February 2023. If you have any questions, first review the Call for Applications and then reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit IMMANA Fellowships.
What's Your Reaction?