INSAIT Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship 2023 (Stipend of 1,500 EUR)
Applications are open for the INSAIT Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship 2023. The Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship programme offers the opportunity to highly motivated undergraduate students from around the world to...
Deadline: February 25, 2023
Applications are open for the INSAIT Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship 2023. The Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship programme offers the opportunity to highly motivated undergraduate students from around the world to engage in research activities in the summer under the mentorship of faculty and researchers at Institute for Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence and Technology (INSAIT).
The programme is 8-10 weeks long with the exact duration of the summer project decided between the student and their mentor. In order for students to optimally benefit from the programme, the organisers do not allow summer projects to be carried out remotely. Students are expected to be present at the institute in Sofia, Bulgaria for a minimum of 8 (max 10) weeks during the summer. The programme is modeled after the top successful summer research programmes at MIT, Caltech, and ETH Zurich.
- Selected students will receive a monthly stipend of 1,500 EUR to cover their living & accommodation expenses. The accommodation for the students will be arranged for and the cost will be deducted from their stipend.
- They also provide travel support for selected candidates.
- Undergraduate students enrolled in any accredited university who are in their sophomore, junior, or senior (2,3,4) year are eligible to apply.
- The students should be enrolled in a STEM major such as computer science or math.
- Applicants should also have a minimum GPA of 3.5 (out of 4.0) or the equivalent in the corresponding grading system.
- They strongly encourage applications from communities generally underrepresented in STEM.
Throughout the programme, summer students have to deliver:
- Project plan discussed with their mentor. The project plan should be ready at the beginning of the summer programme
- Final report which summarizes your work structured as a conference paper. Very often the aim will be for the final report to be submitted to a suitable conference
- Final presentation to be given as part of the INSAIT seminar series
Applicants need to submit their application materials before the deadline via the online platform. Your application should include:
- A current CV (in pdf format)
- An unofficial transcript from your university (in pdf format)
- A one-page motivation letter (in pdf format)
State why you are interested in the summer research programme, two research areas at INSAIT that you are interested in and whether you have prior research experience
For more information, visit INSAIT Fellowship.
What's Your Reaction?