Internship opportunity at Netherlands Institute of International Relations
An internship opportunity for 2023 has arisen at the Netherlands Institute of International Relations, and applications are invited. The Netherlands Institute of International Relations ‘Clingendael’ is a leading think tank...
An internship opportunity for 2023 has arisen at the Netherlands Institute of International Relations, and applications are invited.
The Netherlands Institute of International Relations ‘Clingendael’ is a leading think tank and academy on international affairs.
Through its analyses, training and public debate it aims to inspire and equip governments, businesses, and civil society in order to contribute to a secure, sustainable and just world.
The Institute has three departments: Research, Academy and Corporate Staff. The Research Department is looking for an:
Intern EU and Global Affairs Unit
for a period of 5 or 6 months starting at 1 February 2023.
Purpose of the position
The Research department of the Clingendael Institute is currently looking for a talented, highly motivated intern to support research activities on European Union internal and external policies.
The Research Department consists of Research units on the EU & Global affairs, Security, and Conflict and Fragility.
This internship falls within the EU & Global Affairs (EUGA) unit.
Your work will be related to the functioning of the EU (internal market, institutional affairs, position of the Netherlands in the EU), EU climate and industrial policies and EU Neighbourhood and Enlargement Policies.
Main clients include the Netherlands’ Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Defence, EU institutions, NGO’s as well as the private sector.
As an intern you will work in close consultation with (senior) research fellows.
For the internship period, there are various research projects planned to which you will potentially contribute, focussing on
a) geopolitical competition between the EU and the Russian Federation in the Western Balkans,
b) the future development of the EU with an eye on potential EU enlargement and treaty reform,
c) EU open strategic autonomy and
d) preparations for annual Clingendael State of the Union Conference.
- Enrolled in relevant MA (for example political science, international relations, or European studies);
- Knowledge about the EU and the regions surrounding the EU;
- Proven research and writing skills;
- Organisational skills;
- Good command of English. Command of Dutch works to your advantage;
- Team player, but also capable of working independently on the basis of instructions;
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, comfortable with deadlines;
- Candidates must be enrolled as a student at a university during their internship.
- The opportunity to gain practical, policy-oriented research experience in one of Europe’s top ranking think tanks, in close cooperation with our researchers and stakeholders as policy makers, academics and (international) organisations;
- The opportunity to build a network in the field;
- An internship period of five months; a period of six months is also possible.
- A stipend of € 450,- gross per month (based on 36 hours per week).
Further information about the position can be obtained via e-mail from Mr. Wouter Zweers, Research Fellow (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Further information about the procedure can be obtained from Ms. Thera Kosian, HR Advisor (email@example.com).
You can apply via the ‘APPLY HERE’ button at the bottom of this article.
Deadline for response is 15 January 2023.
What's Your Reaction?