The International Organization for Migration (IOM) iDiaspora Photo Contest (USD$ 2500 Prize)
THEME: The principal theme of the contest is “Diaspora”. The IOM defines Diaspora as “Migrants or descendants of migrants whose identity and sense of belonging, either real or symbolic, have...
Application Deadline: November 4, 2022
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) and IBER-RUTAS – Program that aims to contribute to the promotion of cultural diversity in Ibero-America for the protection of migrants’ rights from an intercultural perspective – invite professional and amateurs photographers to participate in the iDiaspora Photo Contest.
Through this activity, the IOM and IBER-RUTAS seek to highlight the socio-cultural contributions of diasporas and migrant communities around the world and recognize their talent.
The principal theme of the contest is “Diaspora”.
- The IOM defines Diaspora as “Migrants or descendants of migrants whose identity and sense of belonging, either real or symbolic, have been shaped by their migration experience and background. They maintain links with their homelands, and to each other, based on a shared sense of history, identity, or mutual experiences in the destination country”.
The iDiaspora Photo Contest looks for a series of 3 photographs per participant portraying some of the following categories:
1. Navigating identities: Is there a relationship between Diaspora’s homeland and new land? How do diasporas express their sense of belonging in multiple societies?
2. Youth and their roots: What is it like to be born or grow up as a member of the diaspora? How can the youth connect with their homeland?
3. Diasporas as influencers: How does the diaspora contribute positively to their societies through the use of technology?
4. Diasporas helping their communities: What is it like to assist communities during a crisis?
First Prize USD 1,500.
Second Prize USD 700.
Third Prize USD 300.
The iDiaspora Photo Contest will have two categories: Amateur and professional.
To apply for the contest:
1. Register in iDiaspora.org – » iDiaspora Photo Contest ».
2. Create a profile and fill in your personal data by clicking on the « apply » button.
3. Complete the details of the photos: Title, a brief description of the photographic series, and how it portrays the themes of the contest (between 100 and 150 words).
4. Submit a photographic series of 3 unpublished photographs, in JPG format up to 8 Mb.
Registration is free and open until 4 November 2022 at 15:00 hours in Geneva, Switzerland.
For More Information:
What's Your Reaction?