Kings College London Africa International PGR Scholarships 2022/2023 for PhD Students (Fully Funded)
- Be African nationals and be permanently resident in an African country;
- Be liable for tuition fees at the higher international/overseas rate;
- Plan to commence a full-time MPhil/PhD programme at King’s College London in the 2022-23 academic year (from October 2022 and by no later than June 2023);
- Plan to conduct research that is relevant to Africa and which must fall at the intersection of two or more of the given themes or disciplines, as described in the ‘Award Details’ section;
- Have applied to King’s College London for the scholarship (as instructed in the ‘Application Process’ section below) and meet the given deadlines.
The Scholarship covers:
- Full international tuition fees
- An annual stipend (living allowance): at the UKRI rate (for the year 2021/22, this was set at £17,609)
- Research Support Grant: up to £5000/year, depending on the research project
Applications Open: February 2022
Applications Close: 18 March 2022, 23:59 GMT
Steps on How to Apply:
STEP 1. Refer to our ‘How to apply: Research courses’ page for general guidance on how to find a suitable doctoral degree and supervisor at King’s College London, and how to apply. Please ensure that you are fully aware of the entry requirements for your chosen programme before applying. Please also carefully consider how your proposed research project is relevant to Africa and aligns with at least two of our specified themes/disciplines (see above).
STEP 2. By the deadline of 18 March 2022 (23:59 GMT), you MUST:
- Submit an admissions application to King’s College London for a full-time MPhil/PhD degree programme with a 2022-23 start date (i.e., no earlier than 1 October 2022 and no later than June 2023) using the King’s online admissions application system – King’s Apply*. Please upload all necessary supporting materials by this stage where possible – Refer to Step 3 for further guidance on supporting documentation.
- On the ‘Funding’ Section of your King’s Apply application, you MUST tick the box at item 5 (Award Scheme Code or Name) and enter the funding code: 2223-AFRICA (Please copy and paste the code exactly!). If you submitted your admissions application before including the funding code, simply log back into King’s Apply to update the ‘Funding’ section of your application. If you experience any problems with this, please contact the admissions office via the messaging section of your application for assistance.
- Complete a separate ‘Africa International PGR Scholarships 2022-23 Form’ and attach this to the ‘Funding’ Section of your application on King’s Apply using the ‘File Upload’ option at the bottom of the page; under the ‘Document Category’ dropdown menu select ‘Sponsorship Document’ or ‘Other’. If you submitted your admissions application before uploading the Africa International PGR scholarship form, simply log back into King’s Apply to update the ‘Funding’ section of your application. If you experience any problems with this, please contact the admissions office via the messaging section of your application for assistance.
STEP 3. By the deadline of 1 April 2022 (23:59 GMT), you MUST:
- Ensure that your admissions application is complete with all relevant supporting materials, as required by your chosen doctoral programme. Any outstanding supporting material/documents, such as references, transcripts, certificates, research proposal and personal statement, etc., must be provided by this deadline. For guidance on what you need to provide, please check the online prospectus page for your chosen doctoral programme. It is your responsibility to follow up on any outstanding material.
Note that proof of a valid English language proficiency test (where required) is not absolutely necessary at this point, but any outstanding English conditions (if applicable) must eventually be met in time for the start of your doctoral programme if you are successfully offered a scholarship.
|18 March 2022(23:59 GMT)||Deadline to submit an admissions application for a suitable MPhil/PhD via King’s Apply, to include the following: – Funding code: 2223-AFRICA– A completed ‘Africa International PGR Scholarships 2022-23 Form’|
|1 April 2022(23:59 GMT)||Deadline for admissions applications to be complete with all relevant supporting documentation, such as references and transcripts, as required by the chosen doctoral programme|
|End of June 2022||Announcement of decisions|
For More Information: