Lt. General Julius Becton Jr. Scholarship 2022 for Minority Students in the U.S. (up to $5,000)
Deadline: June 3, 2022
Applications for the Lt. General Julius Becton Jr. Scholarship 2022 are now open. The Lt. Julius Becton Jr. Scholarship will be presented to minority students in emergency management or homeland security related fields of study at the associates, bachelors, masters, and doctoral level of study.
Acceptable fields of study include emergency management, homeland security, sociology, geography, geology, public health, public policy, environmental science, public administration, public policy, engineering, urban planning, or related fields.
The Lt. General Julius Becton Jr. Scholarship Program was developed to encourage minority participation in the field of emergency management by providing financial assistance, encouragement and support to diverse students who are interested in a career in the field of emergency management. More diversity in students entering the field of emergency management will produce more diversity in leadership, organizational representation, and equitable policy development, which will help build stronger and more resilient communities
- Eligible students will be awarded up to $5,000 towards tuition-related expenses for the academic year.
Qualified candidates should:
- Be a part-time (minimum 6 credit hours), or full-time student (9 or more credit hours);
- Be enrolled in an emergency management or homeland security-related field of study;
- Have an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher;
- Display interest in improving disaster outcomes for underserved and/or marginalized populations.
Eligible students must submit an online application including the following information through the Julius Becton Jr. Scholarship Program application portal by 11:59 pm EST on June 3, 2022.
- Academic Transcript
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation (1 Academic; 1 Personal)
- Video Prompt (1-minute)
- Topic: What is your career goal in emergency management and how does this scholarship help you achieve your aspirations?
- Essay (Max 250 Words)
- Topic: How do you plan on improving disaster outcomes for underserved and/or marginalized populations through your current or future work?
For more information, visit Lt. General Julius Becton Jr. Scholarship.