Mekong Commons Grants for Writing Workshop 2023
Applications are open for the Mekong Commons Grants for Writing Workshop 2023. The Mekong Commons writeshop aims to bring together Mekong writers and researchers to think critically, learn how to...
Deadline: December 21, 2022
Applications are open for the Mekong Commons Grants for Writing Workshop 2023. The Mekong Commons writeshop aims to bring together Mekong writers and researchers to think critically, learn how to plan, draft and finish engaging and compelling stories about current environmental and development topics in the Mekong Region.
Those less experienced or early career writers and local community reporters will be given preference. They particularly welcome stories that link the Mekong Common’s themes of ecology, society and development to the topics that bring in perspectives of living with disabilities, HIV/AIDS, COVID-19 and gender. The workshop will take place in February 2023.
- Selected applicants will receive a grant to participate in the online writeshop to learn about writing engaging stories, and to plan, research and finish their article.
- Their final articles will be edited and published by the MekongCommons.com in the subsequent months.
- Open for all writers and researchers based in the Mekong Region to build their writing capacity and produce a written story on current environmental and development issues about the Mekong Region.
To apply (in English) submit:
- A 300-word summary (pitch) of your proposed story
- One relevant photograph of the relevant place
- A quote from someone you interviewed who is in the story
- Explain (in not more than 250 words) why this story is important to you
- Your brief biography (no more than 100 words) of your current work and/or background
By the end of the three-day online writeshop, which involves short lectures and mentored breakout groups with experienced writers, applicants will be able to finish their articles. Therefore, applicants need to come prepared to the workshop with an overview of the environmental topic they plan to write about including key story elements: main idea, photographs and quotes from interviews). They will support writers with editorial assistance and publish the final articles in www.MekongCommons.com.
Application form can be downloaded here. For inquiries or to submit the application, send email to: email@example.com
For more information, visit Mekong Commons Grants.
What's Your Reaction?