Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST) Training Programme Class of 2024 (Fully-funded)
Applications are open for the MEST Training Programme 2023. MEST offers a 12-month graduate-level training to aspiring entrepreneurs across the African continent. The entrepreneurial training programme in business, communications and...
Deadline: February 26, 2023
Applications are open for the MEST Training Programme 2023. MEST offers a 12-month graduate-level training to aspiring entrepreneurs across the African continent. The entrepreneurial training programme in business, communications and software development includes extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed investment and grow businesses.
The successful world-class training programme is run with the help of an internationally recognized faculty. Their teaching fellows hail from some of the best universities around the world. They also offer their entrepreneurs-in-training (EITs) the opportunity to be mentored by real-life Entrepreneurs, CEOs and other executives from all over the world. Guest lecturers have been executives of Uber, Facebook, Safaricom, Samsung, Interswitch, and many more.
Since its inception in 2008, MEST has invested over $25m in training 1000 individual entrepreneurs and funded 80 software companies across Africa. MEST entrepreneurs have developed solutions addressing local, regional and global markets, received follow-on funding from global investors, and gotten into top accelerator programs such as Y Combinator, 500 Startups and TechStars.
- Core Programming Languages
- Web and Mobile Development
- Forming Culture Driven Teams
- Business and Revenue Modeling
- Branding and Communications
- Market Research
- Product Development and Innovation
- Marketing and Growth Hacking
- Financial Management and Investments
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Metrics and Measurements
- Sales and Traction
- Preparing for investments
- The MEST Training Programme is fully-sponsored and requires no financial payments to MEST. This is a full-time programme that requires you to be available to attend all classes and sessions.
- Applicant should have a degree from a top university or Technical College or equivalent experience with at least two (2) years corporate and startup experience (preferred);
- Deep skills in either communications, business or software development (from the onset or acquired during the Pre-Learning stage);
- Young persons passionate about tech and entrepreneurship, and how to use technology to achieve business results;
- Should be ready to commit to a full residential program for a whole year;
- Disciplined, motivated self-starter who can work and deliver on assignments and projects – demonstrate this by completing the required Pre-Learning courses and MEST’s rigorous recruitment process;
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company;
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively;
- Ability to work well in teams, proven academic or professional excellence;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities;
- Confident and independent thinking;
- Excellent people skills.
For more information, visit MEST Training Programme.
What's Your Reaction?