MPIL Journalist in Residence Fellowship 2023 (€3,000 grant)
Deadline: October 3, 2022
Applications are open for the MPIL Journalist in Residence Fellowship 2023. The MPIL Journalist in Residence Fellowship enables journalists with several years of experience to spend three months at the Max Planck Institute for Comparative Public Law and International Law. The time and duration of the stay (between January and December 2023) are agreed individually.
MPIL Journalists in Residence are free to pursue their own research. They are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity to exchange ideas with researchers at the institute and to participate in various work and discussion formats.
- A research grant of €3,000 per month is offered for the duration of the stay. The Institute provides desk space and access to all research resources of the Institute’s library.
- Open to freelance and staff journalists from all media (print, online, radio, television) who report and write regularly on legal and constitutional topics, or topics from politics, the economy and research-related topics.
To apply, fill out the online application form and upload one PDF-file with relevant documents, consisting of:
- a brief portrait of your own journalistic work
- a brief curriculum vitae
- three work samples with relevance to the research topics of the institute
- a short outline of your proposed research planned for your stay at the Institute (max. 2000 characters)
- details of your preferred dates (between January and December 2023) and intended duration of stay
For more information, visit MPIL Fellowship.