My Vote Counts (MVC) is recruiting Research & Campaigns intern
My Vote Counts (MVC) is seeking a recent post-graduate to apply for the Research and Campaigns internship for January to December 2023. Opportunity closing date: Sunday, 8 January 2023Contract Period:...
My Vote Counts (MVC) is seeking a recent post-graduate to apply for the Research and Campaigns internship for January to December 2023.
Opportunity closing date: Sunday, 8 January 2023
Contract Period: Starting January-31 December 2023
Remuneration: R12,000 a month
Are you an advocate of democracy? Do you have an interest in using your skills enhance social justice?
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop your skills and play a role in a young and dynamic organisation that will make South African politics fairer and will deepen our democracy – then this opportunity is for you!
My Vote Counts (MVC) is seeking a recent post-graduate to develop their own skills and support our research and campaigns work.
MVC is an NGO based in Cape Town that works towards a democracy where every person has an equal influence in the decisions that affect them.
2023 is a crucial year for MVC, as the country moves towards our most important General Elections since 1994.
Most of our work over the next period will revolve around the 2024 General Elections. The intern will work closely with the research team to carry out this work.
The intern’s work primarily be research-based but will also be exposed to work on campaign strategy, coalition building and political education.
You will work closely with our research team. Your responsibilities will include:
– Supporting the development of research publications,
– Co-writing opinion pieces,
– Seeking information from government departments, independent candidates, and political parties, using the Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA),
– Monitoring and reporting on parliamentary meetings,
– Liaising with civil other society members, social movements and activists, and
– Support in organising workshops, webinars, seminars and other events
– Proven research, campaigning and writing skills
– Ongoing or completed postgraduate studies in politics, journalism, sociology or a related field
– A demonstrated commitment to social justice and democracy
– An understanding of and interest in South African politics
– An understanding of and interest in South African electoral systems
– An understanding of South African civil society
– Strong work ethic, administrative skills, time-management skills and the ability to work well with and collaborate with others.
– Basic IT skills, including skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
How to apply?
Email email@example.com with the subject “Intern Application”, and include:
– Your curriculum vitae (max: 2 pages),
– A letter of motivation,
– A copy of a recent written work, and
– The names of three references
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 11 January, consider your application unsuccessful.
What's Your Reaction?