Obama Foundation Scholars Programme 2023-2024 at Columbia University (Fully-funded to the U.S.)
Applications are invited for the Obama Foundation Scholars Programme 2023-2024 at Columbia University. The Obama Foundation Scholars programme gives rising leaders from the United States and around the world who...
Deadline: January 19, 2023
Applications are invited for the Obama Foundation Scholars Programme 2023-2024 at Columbia University. The Obama Foundation Scholars programme gives rising leaders from the United States and around the world who are already making a difference in their communities the opportunity to take their work to the next level through an immersive curriculum that brings together academic, skills-based, and hands-on learning.
The Scholars programme at Columbia University and the University of Chicago empowers individuals with a proven commitment to service with the tools they need to make their efforts more effective, to identify innovative solutions to complex global problems, and promote change through values-based leadership.
The programme will build lasting relationships among emerging leaders who are committed to working together to solve the most pressing challenges of our time, thereby creating a global network that reaches across issues and borders. After completing the programme, Obama Foundation Scholars will:
- Return to work on their global issue of focus and implement their personalized action plan to accelerate positive change within their community.
- Have an opportunity to play a role in the Obama Foundation’s efforts to inspire, empower, and connect rising leaders from around the globe.
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City;
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University;
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University;
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City;
- Air travel to and from home country and any programme-related activities.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Programme at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from the United States and around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in their careers.
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities.
- Are fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken).
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to inclusivity, community-orientation, hope, courage, imagination, strategy, accountability, integrity and resilience.
A complete application, submitted entirely online, includes the following materials:
- Complete online application form
- Resume/curriculum vitae
- Personal video statement
- Responses to short essay questions
- Proof of English proficiency
- Two letters of recommendation
For more information, visit Obama Foundation Scholars.
What's Your Reaction?