One Young World Refugee Scholarship to Attend OYW Summit 2023 (Fully-funded to Belfast, Ireland)
Applications are open for the One Young World Refugee Scholarship to Attend OYW Summit 2023. One Young World Summit is an annual gathering of 2,000 of the brightest young leaders...
Deadline: June 12, 2023
Applications are open for the One Young World Refugee Scholarship to Attend OYW Summit 2023. One Young World Summit is an annual gathering of 2,000 of the brightest young leaders from every country and sector. Delegates from 190 countries are counselled by influential political, business, and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Bill Clinton, Meghan Markle, and many others to harness the knowledge and skills needed for being impactful change makers.
In May of 2022, the office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) announced that for the first time ever, over 100 million people had been forcibly displaced, as result of both new and pre-existing conflicts. Compounded by economic insecurity, the climate crisis, and political instability, the refugee crisis looks to worsen in the decades to come. At the centre of this challenge are individuals living precariously with unclear futures. Action must be taken to end the refugee crisis, drawing on the resources of a wide range of sectors, from local government to civil society organizations, to national and multilateral governing bodies.
As the global community for young leaders, One Young World is passionate about nurturing the capacity of young leaders from all backgrounds. This scholarship programme has been created to enhance the inclusion of young leaders from refugee backgrounds. The scholarship will enable young leaders to participate in the One Young World Summit 2023 which takes place in Belfast, UK. In addition to participating in the Summit, each scholar will join the One Young World Ambassador community, providing them with access to a continued programme of mentorship, educational events, speaking engagements, and funding opportunities.
Scholars will receive:
- Delegate access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast UK from 2 – 5 October.
- Hotel accommodation in Belfast from 1 – 5 October.
- Meals and catering throughout the Summit.
- Return travel to Belfast.
- Permanent membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
- Applicant must be a refugee or have direct personal experience of forced displacement.
- Aged 18 – 35 at the date of the One Young World Summit 2023.
- Proven leadership ability (role models) in their communities.
- A capacity for innovation and value-driven problem-solving.
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas.
- Evidenced commitment to creating a positive impact for refugee communities. Examples may include:
- Improving access to education.
- Jobs creation or skills training.
- Engagement with sports.
- Improving access to healthcare.
- Poverty alleviation.
Scholars will be selected by One Young World from public applications as well as through nomination from the Scholarship’s supporting partners.
For more information, visit One Young World.
What's Your Reaction?